Accommodation required + where to find indian grocery store?

This is Praveen. I am from India. I just move into Luxembourg. I am looking out for accommodation. I prefer studio apartments or 1 BNK apartments.

Can someone guide me please.
Also is there any place where I can find Indian Grocery store?

Regards
Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Welcome to Luxembourg !

You can find studio details in http://www.athome.lu website.
There are two Indian grocery  shops :
1. Tandoor Shop - Near to Beggen Bastogne bus stop. You can take Bus- 10, 11 from Hamilius.( Monday Closed)
2. Asian Market - Near to Paris /Zinta bus stop.

Enjoy your stay :)

Swapna

Thanks Swapna.

"You can find studio details in [link under review] website."
Sorry but I could not understand this. Can you please let me know the website.

Regards
Praveen

Hello Praveen  :cheers:

Kindly note that the '' [link under review] '' was a link share by Swapna, but as all links need to be verified by the moderation team first, it appeared as such.

The website is : http://www.athome.lu

Regards
Kenjee

Thanks Kenjee.

Hi Swapna,

Can we speak on any number. It would help me immensely towards settling down in Luxembourg.
If this sounds OK to you, please send me a note on [email protected] with your number.

I will call you.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards
Praveen

hey Praveen,

i was wondering which visa you applied for Luxembourg ? i am also from India.
regards,
kumar

hi all,

I would come to Luxembourg by Oct 2015 for working. please guide me on the initial formalities and good/cheap accommodation. Really it will be helpful for me.

Thanks,
Dhinesh P

Hi dhinesh,

You can visit athome.lu for accommodation. You can get all choices ie furnished etc.

Best of luck

Regards
Praveen

hi,
Welcome to luxemburg.
For the initial formalities, you would recieve an "authorization to work" letter with which you would had applied for visa. In the letter, it is explained the steps to do once you reach Luxembourg.

First and foremost thing is to register at the commune (area) that you will take residence , say for example if you are taking a temporary accomodation (hotel) in the center of the Luxembourg city, then you can reach Bierger Center 44 pl. Guillaume II, 2090 Luxembourg and register yourself.

And then you can visit (same day before 11.30) to CMS LUXEMBOURG 2, rue G. C. Marshall  L-2181 LUXEMBOURG for Tuberclousis test

And find a general medicin and provide them your social security number( available in the authorization letter) and tell them about the general medical test for the purpose of residence certificate.

After which , once you find a proper accomodation, you can reach respective commune hotel de ville to change the address and submit the application (along with house contract) to Immigration Directorate - Department for Foreigners 26, route d'Arlon Luxembourg

And regarding the accomodation, it is not cheap anywhere in Luxembourg, but the accomodation will be good and worth the price. And mostly the houses are rented via agency and you will have to pay 1 to 2 months agency fee and there are many choices to decide. But its quite easier if you are willing to go via agency. Otherwise you will look for all the online advertisements in different social networking sites.

Good luck!

Hi SBalu,

Thanks a lot for the Info. Share me ur cell number, as it will be helpful for me after coming there..My email id -->***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct