Chef de Partie looking for a job oppportunity full time

Hi I am a 35 year old  french chef looking for an opportunity to work in Bali or its surroundings as a private chef or a job in a restaurant or resort. I speak fluently english and spanish and have travelled over 25 years aquiring a large set of skills regarding my passion in Cooking and much more. I am now hoping that someone will give me the opportunity through a job offer.
You can contact me at [email protected] for my resume.

If you can do a job that an Indonesian can't do, and the employer is willing to pay a small fortune to get the right to employ you on 10 times the salary locals work for, you'll be fine.
Otherwise consign your dream to the "good ideas but no hope' file.

well I believe that doing high standard french cuisine at a professional level is not giiven to many! Therefore why not join both as I did in the past, that to put in My Dream and Reality File! thanks anyways

gregorymulot wrote:

well I believe that doing high standard french cuisine at a professional level is not giiven to many! Therefore why not join both as I did in the past, that to put in My Dream and Reality File! thanks anyways

Then go for it.

You'll need to find an employer that'll pay about US$1,300, + air tickets and other costs, for the right to employ you, after proving there are no locals that are capable of doing the job, and is willing to pay an expat salary in a restaurant that will make enough money to cover those costs and still make a profit.
Also, an owner who believes having you there will be profitable for his business.

Have a list of at least some of the restaurants.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restauran … -Bali.html
Many charge crazy prices, so you might have a chance.

Ubudian may have visited one or two of them, perhaps he knows if they have local or expat cooks.

Gregory,

What Pak Fred is suggesting is unfortunately true...chef jobs on Bali are extremely rare and very difficult with the exception of the executive chef position with the top level 5 star resort chains such as Amandari, Four Seasons, etc. 

The best chefs on Bali own their own restaurants in conjunction with local partners. 

One of them, and generally recognized as the best classical French chef on Bali, is Chris Salans of the famed Mozaic Restaurant here in Ubud where I live.

As you will see in the first photo in the article linked below, Chris is also dedicated to teaching locals the art and science of fine haut cuisine.

http://uk.phaidon.com/agenda/food/artic … is-salans/

A further obstacle for you is the ASEAN agreement which goes into effect next year.  This agreement will allow for the free flow of citizens of ASEAN member countries to other ASEAN member countries without the encumbrances currently applicable to non Indonesians seeking employment in Indonesia. 

The current mood in Indonesia (the ASEAN agreement aside) is jobs first for Indonesians, and this is particularly true here in Bali, which is so attractive to foreigners.

Ubudian wrote:

A further obstacle for you is the ASEAN agreement which goes into effect next year.  This agreement will allow for the free flow of citizens of ASEAN member countries to other ASEAN member countries without the encumbrances currently applicable to non Indonesians seeking employment in Indonesia.

That may also be handy for expats who have gone WNI (Indonesian citizenship).
I have yet to look at the agreement but, if it truly allows free flow, it will be very helpful to some expats.

Interesting point Pak Fred.  I never thought about that as it would never cross my mind to leave Bali.  But I can see for some it might be an advantage. 

I have read the agreement and frankly it begs more questions than it provides answers and specifics.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

mas fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

That may also be handy for expats who have gone WNI (Indonesian citizenship).
I have yet to look at the agreement but, if it truly allows free flow, it will be very helpful to some expats.

That's a very good point fred, never thought about that but it makes sense.....