Considering moving to Geneva or Zurich

Hi,

My girlfriend and I live in San Francisco. One of us is also a EU citizen. We are both professionals and considering Switzerland as a place to raise a family. We have developed careers in Banking and Technology.

We have gathered a lot of information on the internet but we would appreciate actually chatting with some U.S. expats and listening to their experiences. If anyone has done a similar move (California -> Switzerland) we'd appreciate if you were available to contact you for some more relevant info (e.g. a feel of the more day-to-day life, transition problems etc).

Also, to get some first hand information we are planning to visit the two big cities in the fall. Are you aware of any expats events taking place in September ?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

Well here are a couple of suggestions for you:

1. Check news and a guide to the Lake Geneva region, which includes France in GenevaLunch.com a news site in English written by an American expat.

2. In addition you will find a lot of expats willing to give you info on Zurich and Geneva since you will be visiting both places, and other cities (Basel, Bern, etc) in the English forum.

Best,

Laila

probably my reply is too late for you, but to someone else having the same concern, you will find interesting events to meet other expats at meetnewface.com or glocals.com. Welcome to Geneva!

Hi
I tried [Moderated: No free advertising]

Me again. You should also try the English Forum as there are a lot of expats and locals who can actually answer some of your questions.

Best,