Living Cost in Oman, Muscat

Hi,

I am an IT Manager, and a company in Oman, Muscat asked me for the salary expectation. I will move to Muscat with my wife and 5 yrs old daughter. Please let me know how much amount I should negotiate with them as my salary per month in case of (a) Company will provide Accomodation + Car facility + Salary (b) Company will only provide Salary.

I need the answer little urgent by today as I have to let them know by today.

Regards.,
Somnath Dey

Somnathdey wrote:

Hi,

I am an IT Manager, and a company in Oman, Muscat asked me for the salary expectation. I will move to Muscat with my wife and 5 yrs old daughter. Please let me know how much amount I should negotiate with them as my salary per month in case of (a) Company will provide Accomodation + Car facility + Salary (b) Company will only provide Salary.

I need the answer little urgent by today as I have to let them know by today.

Regards.,
Somnath Dey

Please mention the total years of experience.

Somanathji

If company provides accomodation + car: OMR 1000 (circa) can be expected.

For a double bedroom accomodation in Ghubra it cost OMR 400 per month. If it is Al Khuwair minimum OMR 450. Ruwi it is around OMR 350 (depending on the street).

For car (once you get your licence which is a very tedious process in Oman): OMR 200/- per month.

Depending on the location of your office you can negotiate. For further info, please pm me.

Thanks a lot. It's in Muscat.

However can you please let me know that If I lead simple life style then how much can I save if I get OMR 1000 living with my Wife and 5 yrs old daughter. And also please let me know how much salary I should negotiate in case of the option  (b) i.e. company will not provide accommodation & car.

Thanks in advance

Ruwi, Al Khuwair, Ghubra - are locations in Muscat city.
If your company is not providing accomodation and transportation, please do not accept for anything less than OMR 1500.

Anyway getting licence will take atleast 6 months (optimistic view) and you may have to spend around OMR 1000/- for classes.

So, considering you take a house for OMR 350 and spend OMR 100 for conveyance (for commuting to office+outing with family), schooling will cost at least OMR 75/month; living expenses say, OMR 200-250 per month.

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE HEALTH INSURANCE OPTION AT COMPANY'S COST.