Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

Hi all,

Should you want to organize a gathering with the other members, in your town, we would be pleased to help :).

It is indeed a great way to meet new people, isn't it?

If you would like to plan a get-together, do not hesitate to contact me, or post a message on this thread: we will do our best to inform the other members in your town and to make your meet-up a success!

Have a nice day,

Julien

Its a fantastic idea julien, i would love to meet all the member in person ,but when it come to organising any meet-up ,i am a noob .But if anyone is willing to have a gettogether in Riyadh then i am free all this two weeks ,just message or reply to this post,lets see what happens . :top:

thanks where it will be?

Come on guys,make a plan like a coffee in weekend or just a meetup at some restaurant or just use your imagination and come up with some ideas

I think its very good idea work on it bro

its a fantastic idea, and I am ready to participate, its always good to meet new people

Alright , if anyone want to organize any meetings then I am more then happy to help .
But note: regarding the city where  Expat.com gathering should take place then it all depends on the organizer, well for me I am more comfortable in riyadh so , what do you say people?

Well yes it's such a good idea , let's for example meet in a restaurant or early in the morning for a breakfast :) I'm with u guys whatever you decide

Dear members,

If you wanna organize the meet in the morning/evening at Fal compound do advise and I will request the compound management for permission.

Preferably towards the weekend.

Do advise the total members and their respective nationalities-  :)

Regards,

vijith732 wrote:

If you wanna organize the meet in the morning/evening at Fal compound do advise and I will request the compound management .
Regards,

Well thanks alot vijith , for your kind offer .We will surely do think about it but the problem is who is going to organize it .

Dear friends

Fal has a very good restaurant called crystal .

I stay in Fal compound.

We can be there at the restaurant or at the pool next to the restaurant.

Those who wanna have food/ sheesha can do so accordingly.

Regards
Vijith

Hi guys can I join this gathering

That's a good idea,I am ready to enjoy

vijith732 wrote:

Dear friends

Fal has a very good restaurant called crystal .

I stay in Fal compound.

We can be there at the restaurant or at the pool next to the restaurant.

Those who wanna have food/ sheesha can do so accordingly.

Regards
Vijith

That is really a very good idea Vijith, thank you for proposing this location.  :top:
I think that its time now to fix a date and the time for this gathering. ;)

As you are living in Fal compound, maybe you can go to this restaurant to know if there is a need to reserve a table there. What do you think?

@ ALL > Other suggestions please?  :D

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hello,

I stay in Fal compound.

After I know the no of members who wanna attend, then I could reserve a table/approach Fal management for permission.

I haven't received any responses.

This weekend might be too late to get a permission, I propose next weekend would be gr8.

Regards,
Vijith.

I think its better if we set date for ex next Friday by 8 and any body want to join send massege  before wed so  we arrange it with the compound

a_ezzat2007 wrote:

I think its better if we set date for ex next Friday by 8 and any body want to join send massege  before wed so  we arrange it with the compound

Yup guys i agree the time mentioned above and seems flexible,if you want to join then message vijith regarding the meetup,so that he can inform compound management.

Julian, how do you propose helping with making this even happen?
So far we have the following proposal:
Time: Proposed Friday Morning date Friday the 13th (Muuhahahahaaa) since this Friday is a bit late.
Conformed attendance: a_ezzat2007, djzubaid, vijith732, mermaid992

Hi oliverbrad,

Great news!
I will get in touch with you by PM to send you more details.

Best,

Julie
Expat.com team

I want to come too!

Guys if you dont mind, let me give a suggestion , since just deciding the date in a hurry by next week ,I realized that we might not be able get many people(expats) to join so let's extent the date by 1 week and post a thread specifically stating the date and deadline to contact vijith by a date so that he can get much more time and have an general idea on how many people are willing to join and also to mention that this is a mixed gathering (I will confirm with vijith732) , any Expat.com user can join irrespective of nationality , religion, etc and to bring limited amount of guests along with them and also stating the no.of guests.

So that's what I thought , if you guys have any
suggestions then please do comment.

Of course im sad to extend see you guys more week but I think its good idea couse more people means more fun for sure

Dear members,

As per the compound management directive and availability, date for the get together is fixed for June 20.

Location- Fal Compound (Crystal Restaurant/Pool Side).

Timing - 12:45 P.M.

Nos allowed - 10 ( as per directives from the compound).

Last date for informing me - June 14.

Interested members who are willing to come may please private message me and I will collect their names and fwd them on June 14 to the management for approval.

I will inform the members after approval with 2-3 days.

Wish everyone a great weekend.

Regards,

I am interested to meet you guys ...
Please include me ...yeah...

Dear vitijh thank for ur efforts to help us for gathering I want to confirn my attention to come but can u locate onther time 12:45 pm. can we met by night ?
Any way thank again

Hi everyone,
Count me in

Dear Julien,

I have posted 2 meet ups,

1. BECOME A PILOT FOR A DAY - DISCOVERY FLIGHT (RIYADH)
2. ROAD TRIP TO BAHRAIN

Lets see how it goes.

Regards,

Habib Baghdadi

Dear Friends,

What is the acceptable timing?.

Please advise.

Regards,

I dont know about others but I think after 6 pm will be great

Dear all,

Is 6:30 p.m ok with everyone?.

Your responses are awaited as time is short.

regards,

Yes its good time to me

Alright i guess it's a good time..I agree :)

Pool Party anyone? Girls and guys welcome. It will be in a small compound, not to many people. We will barbecue and swim

Alright guys so the meet up is on 20th 6:30ish ,so this is last reminder for meetup ,if want to attend the meetup at the FAL compound ,please send you full name and nationality to vijith732 ,if you have any further questions about the meetup ,you can msg me or vijith .
Also an important reminder, please do bring your IQAMAH or passport , to the venue .
thanks ,hoping to hear from you people  :top:

imlost12 wrote:

Pool Party anyone? Girls and guys welcome. It will be in a small compound, not to many people. We will barbecue and swim

if you want organise ,here are some ground rules that you might want to follow:

> Plan the meet-up at least 15 days in advance, so that the other members can have enough time to be informed and make arrangements to come

> Once the date, place and meeting time have been decided, I invite you to create a new thread on the forum with a title such as: Expat.com gathering + date + venue. Make sure you enclose in your post all useful details such as date, place, time, meeting point

can i also join with u guyz?i am sri lankan

Good Luck guys  :)

Pictures or it didn't happen :D

Salman Omrani wrote:

Pictures or it didn't happen :D

if you are willing to take selfies with us,this might happen :lol:

Hi All,

ts a fantastic idea julien, i would love to meet all the member in person ,

I am in Jeddah , Sharfia area  . Plz buzz me when ever meet happens

Regards.. :)  .