Need help

am a severely physically handicapped elderly lady, with not much savings,  thinking of moving permanently to a portion of ecquador that has temperatures from 70 to 80 degrees, in the salinas area.

tried to get pensioners visa from consulate but they dont seem to answer my e mail. neither does the Bancoboliviano answer it.

i have a cheap room eyed out soon thru a reliable real estate person, and as soon as  my passport comes i plan fly down, to pay a security deposit to try it. God willing if I come before the rooms are all taken, as soon as they are ready.
anybody jhave some pertenant advice to help me ?

carolynhunter wrote:

tried to get pensioners visa from consulate but they dont seem to answer my e mail. neither does the Bancoboliviano answer it.

i have a cheap room eyed out soon thru a reliable real estate person, and as soon as  my passport comes i plan fly down, to pay a security deposit to try it. God willing if I come before the rooms are all taken, as soon as they are ready.
anybody jhave some pertenant advice to help me ?

I don't know if this is a lot of help, but most people get their pensionado visa after they are here. You might need a lawyer to help, especially if you aren't reasonably good at Spanish. The visa can be obtained in the US, but consulates are not always easy to deal with (e.g., they don't answer emails).

Best of luck.

Bob

Hi carolynhunter,

I created a new topic with your post on the Ecuador forum in order to bring more light to your request.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

I think you should come here first on a tourist visa and check out the area.  With your severe physical limitations you may find it very difficult getting around here.  Sidewalks tend to be uneven sometimes with huge, unmarked holes, etc.  depending on where you go there may be many steps to navagate and electricity can be iffy at times.  Of course only you can judge whether this are minor inconveniences or major obstacles for you.

I wish you all the best.

Hello Carolyn:
Wish you the best, if you need any help in Quito, let me know, I am willing to help.
When are you coming? and where are you planning to move in Ecuador?

hi there marthy54

if you are the same marthy that's barbaras friend ......please give me a jungle as to your correct e mail address or phone number or some way to get ahold of you?

as i've been trying to reach you for a long time.
apparently the email address i've been using comes back as undeliverable.

i have to be in a low altitude city with a small, warm climate, variation, but cant stand high humidity .....so i think that limits me to perhaps the coastal cities, and i need to be in the city to have walker-access to the various shops and markets unique to the citys although i dont  like the noise of them....perhaps i'll find a special place that's not too noisy?

meanwhile, i suspect i'll have to headquarter for a time in Guayaquil if i decide to persue the pensoners visa? (so i can be close to the various civil agencies i will have to interact with in that process?)  (Daniella, did you happen to see any cheap but relatively small apartments in your daily adventures?) the realtor i was writing to changed his mind about allowing me to send him a security deposit and rent  his place....because he felt i was a NON-permanent local tenant, .....at least that's what he told me, so ......i'm on my own in seeking a place to live. as soon as  i get there.

any onr that has suggestions to offer would be gratefully appreciated./

carolyn

YES, Carolyn same Marthy, Barbara stayed in my B&B and we became good friends!, my email is [email protected] or [email protected], I have an ex pat from Albuquerque atyrth the moment, and middle of June a couple coming from Florida, Please write me and may be between you and me can figure something out that is suitable for you, I am not sure about Guayaquil for you is hot and humid!.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Marthy

the sequita email address l;ways comes  back as undeliverable....sigh
]
i'll try the other  one cause half of my gmail is all screwed up but the  other half is not....go figure?

my travel gal is out sick for many days and that put a big hitch  in my p;ans....and dont know whether she will get well in time to send me the half price special ticket to israel in time...what a nerve-racking time, as its the first vacation-combined with this sort of business trip)......i ever  have had.

if all goes as planned, i'll be in  israel for about perha[ps as many as 30 or so days in june.... and then hopefully go on tothe connection that goes from miami to bogota ,columbia, to guayaquil ,ecuador immediately thereafter and TRY to compare the 2 very different qualities of those 2  places.

they both have such different qualities....but the cheaper cost of living ....considering the smaller monthly income i  have to deal with....may win out over israels 1st world, modern features, religious qualities, and  and cultural facets of israel?

dont know for sure till i dip my toes in the areas to see for myself?  expensive but  necessary?

will write you through the other email address to see if that one actually comes through.?

i still can NOT get thru to the suquita e mail address which is the one marthy wants me to use.

it keeps changing the email address to the sbglobal one....sigh

guess you'll have to keep forwarding my e mails for me?

another sigh

i hope you are. or wil;l be able to read the ones i am currently sending...as i have sent quite a few and am liviong...god wi;lling in 4 & 1/2 days to israel and possibly 30 or so days from there to ecuador?

will see you when and if i arrive?

sincerely
carolyn hunter

Young lady, I am 78,very,very active,60% disable Korean Veteran, self employed,
I would like to help you get situated & maybe  we can venture together.
I like to help people that appreciates it!
In about 25 years I might need some help,however, not likely!
Thanks Barry

I didn't send a message re help--if you mean me.

Sorry Mam, it was a lady that needed help. Barry

danygirl8903

i heed help

help

i need your pone number and email address cause im hyere and they lost my luggage
im at the airport in Guayaquil

help anybody

Oh dear God--you have so many problems--I hope someone there on the ground reaches out to you. My friend Marthy is in Quito.

Ask them to call me at 0999276295 this is Marthy

thanks for your kind offer to help

my regular but nor always reliable e mail is .

[email protected]

ill try to send you a summary if i can figu re this confounded thing out with out loosing my way

Call my friend Marthy at 0999276295--she may be able to help you. She is in Cumbaya close to Quito.

i did receive your message re, Call my friend Marthy at 0999276295--she may be able to help you. She is in Cumbaya close to Quito.

but  these new fangled things are hard..... or impossible..... to operate sucessfully

i left my new phone in room i got in ecuador but will try later to call after i try again since thursday afternoon, trying to no avail to communicate with Tame airline........and even  unsucessfully have them pay for the many days i had to pay for  room they  caused me to take to awaite finding my lost baggage.

i hope you were abLe to forward my nmessage as i M HAVING A TERRABLE TIME GETTING THRU  TO MARTHEY

I don't understand why you can't get through to that number--are you using the correct area code. GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER PLEASE AND I will ask her to try to call you. Keep calm and carry on!

Sorry carolynhunter, but just why would you have to stay in a hotel room anywhere near the airport just in order to wait for TAME to find your luggage? You are aware that it is the airline's legal responsibility to get any lost luggage delivered to you no matter where you may be, aren't you?

Why don't you simply go to the destination you originally planned on and get on with whatever it is that you'd be doing had they not lost your luggage?

Just what is it that you plan to do in the event that the airline can't find your luggage? There always is that possibility too.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

I totally agree with you William, I am so sorry Carolyn but your story is full of inconsistency,you claim to be 78 years old, I am pretty sure you collect Social Security, they will do direct deposit to your bank, all you need is your debit card to pull money from any ATM machine, do not understand this whole situation.
Nothing makes me feel better than helping others, but this time I am very sorry I feel something is not right!

Tame airline says the baggages they never lost, never got to them.......may be in tel aviv or JFK or ?  via El AL

Yes, Marthy,
I feel the same way--I wondered if there was something wrong having read the numerous lengthy posts she posted. Glad you checked it out though

i AM  75 THIS JULY

I HAVE BEEN TELLING THE TRUTH

this is MY TRUE STORY

ON TOP OF THAt I DO HAVE ADRENAL INSUFFICIENCY AND CANCER, AND AM TRYING TO GET A PENSIONERS VISa 9-1 but may have to go for an investors one if i dare to spend my whole amount

I DO THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON USING ATM MACHINES

IF THEY WILL WORK..... I WILL TRY AND SEE. but wit h my disabilities i have to tak e a cab everywhere and
have trouble ev en  getting in and out.

BUT WHAT DO YOU WEAR  IF YOUR BAGS GET LOST?

tho you say my story is full of inconsistency, there is NOTHING inconsistancy .....except in your mind...altho i do understand  todays cautions...seems you have to  have the  many troubles counpounded that i have had..... you can check with the hotel to see i am telling all t he truth... to understand how it can happen to a person........

but i underst and your caution ............ even then in my case it is not warranted, i will go to salinas today  or tomorrow,without help from the airlines...and  fortunately i did take most of my medicines next to me without checking them,  but carried onboard.....along with my gate checked waklker,.....but will continuing to have to temporarily buy clothes to replace what airline isnt at present.taking care of....... i guess you all are too rich to understand  my situation, but i will continue to try salinas.

i dont know what  you mean by .....checking it out......... you can check with the hotel

although i apppreciate your previuous requests, i do not know why you feel i  have inconsistancies.

i am a true person and wonder why you think i have inconsistancies when everything i am saying is true so i send you a copy so you can at least see whats happening even if you dont believe me   sigh

i AM  75 THIS JULY

this is MY TRUE STORY

ON TOP OF THAt I DO HAVE ADRENAL INSUFFICIENCY AND CANCER, AND AM TRYING TO GET A PENSIONERS VISa 9-1 but may have to go for an investors one if i dare to spend my whole amount

IF THEY WILL WORK..... I WILL TRY AND SEE. but wit h my disabilities i have to tak e a cab everywhere and

tho you say my story is full of inconsistency, there is NOTHING inconsistancy .....except in your mind...altho i do understand  todays cautions...seems you have to  have the  many troubles counpounded that i have had..... you can check with the hotel to see i am telling all t he truth... to understand how it can happen to a person........

but i underst and your caution ............ even then in my case it is not warranted, i will go to salinas today  or tomorrow,without help from the airlines...and  fortunately i did take most of my medicines next to me without checking them,  but carried onboard.....along with my gate checked waklker,.....but will continuing to have to temporarily buy clothes to replace what airline isnt at present.taking care of....... i guess you all are too rich to understand  my situation, but i will continue to try salinas.

i AM  75 THIS JULY

this is MY TRUE STORY

too rich to understand? really? definitely has sounded fishy to me from the beginning.

With your health, and mobility problems Carolyn, not really so sure Ecuador, or any third world/developing country is going to be a very good fit for you. No shame in that at all. Some place are better fits for some than others. Might want to consider cutting your losses, and move back to your comfort level.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with j600rr completely. The public healthcare systems throughout all of South America are in a deplorable state. Private medical plans are astronomically expensive and generally have more exceptions than things that they cover. Your medicare, medicaide or Obamacare, whatever it's called up there aren't going to help you anywhere in Latin America.

I really wonder about the wisdom of leaving the USA for any possible advantage in the conversion rate on currency and cost of living if healthcare costs would eat up every cent of that and then some? Have you really thought about this?

And your health? What would you do if you suddenly take a turn for the worse so far away from family members or any other support system that you now have at home? Really!

I really think that you had better read the following link and have a long hard think about what you're planning on doing....

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/on- … u-overseas

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Carolyn,

You need to get help from someone there --hire an assistant who is recommended. They will handle a lot of things for you there. Maybe it is too much for you to re-locate right now. Your e-mails are distressing to read and I can only imagine your state of being upset. You aren't well enough to do this on your own.