Primary School in Singapore

Which primary school is the best in Dover/Clementi area? Thanks.

Do you mean public or private schools?
In case of public schools, if you are a foreigner it is not your choice where your kids end up, as there is a complicated (and biased towards locals) allocation system for school places - you are lucky if you get a place at all (anywhere).

It's definitely down to allocation luck if you're after a public/government school and you're not at least PR.

However, word "on the street" is that there's one school in Clementi where you might stand a chance as it hasn't had many "elite" graduates (that is, remarkable graduates) and entry is therefore not very competitive amongst locals. There's nothing wrong with the school as such. I can ask my friend the name if you want. (I promptly forgot it, no point remembering if you're not going to get much choice anyway.)

I've heard foreigners do tend to get places in government schools, the question is where.

Of course, if you're after a private/international school or you're still years away and positioning yourself for PR/citizenship, none of this applies.

Check out the ministry of education website.. All info are there.. Hope it helps!! :)

Fairfield Methodist School (Primary)

Lisathai: You replied to a thread that was inactive for over six years!
This is a pretty dumb way of promoting your school.
In addition, since placing such advertisements on the forum is consideed SPAM and therefore disallowed, please contact the forum team and properly pay for your ad before you continue.
Otherwise, who would want to attend a school that uses such dubious marketing practises?!?

It could be spam from boat  :o or Lisathai might be trying to spoil GIIS reputation. I don't think GIIS practice such silly marketing strategy

Thanks beppi

I am interested in this topic but your reply is correct that was just a poorly masked advertisenent