Help I need information please.

Hi There,

My name is Sarah and my husband is getting transfered with his work to Calgary (near the airport),most likely we will be leaving aroung the summer next year. His work is dealing with the official stuff like visas etc.. but I need to give them some idea on where (within say no more than 30 miles from Calgary airport) we would like to live. I really need some help in where to go, so far Ive looked into Okotoks but would like to hear from people in Canada of any other possibilities .I do like the idea of somewhere fairly rural , quiet definatly not the city. Also just any info on what to expect ,what we need to do when we get there ect.. or even any recommended websites would be great. I probably should mention that we have 3 kids ages 11, 8, and 6 .

Thanks again .
Kind regards Sarah .

Welcome Sarah. Out of curiosity, where are you moving from?

It is probably a coincidence, but I actually happen to live in a very posh community just 15 minutes away from Calgary airport. I actually work very close to the airport as well at Barlow office of Shaw communications. So there are lots of beautiful places available near the airport.

Having said that, the communities that will be the best options for you to live.

Posh(maybe a bit more expensive):

Panorama community (lots of houses and condos. A huge shopping mall 10 minutes away and two major roads adjacent, which are country hills boulevard and stoney trail).

Coventry hills community (just beside Panorama and where I own my condo. Everything within walking distance and two major roads).

Harvest hills community (Just beside coventry hills and panorama. Another really nicely developed community).

Cheaper and much older communities:

Falconridge community (I would not recommend living there unless you really want cheap accomodation. Roads are old and not nicely maintained).

These are a few of the many available. If you would like more information, please let me know.

sarahscott1974 wrote:

Hi There,

My name is Sarah and my husband is getting transfered with his work to Calgary (near the airport),most likely we will be leaving aroung the summer next year. His work is dealing with the official stuff like visas etc.. but I need to give them some idea on where (within say no more than 30 miles from Calgary airport) we would like to live. I really need some help in where to go, so far Ive looked into Okotoks but would like to hear from people in Canada of any other possibilities .I do like the idea of somewhere fairly rural , quiet definatly not the city. Also just any info on what to expect ,what we need to do when we get there ect.. or even any recommended websites would be great. I probably should mention that we have 3 kids ages 11, 8, and 6 .

Thanks again .
Kind regards Sarah .

Did you find something?
Airdrie seems to be a lovely little city too. I used RentFaster.ca to find something around, but I live downtown.

And I also work in the Shaw Campus, near Barlow! Seems like EngineerPro and I are colleagues haha.

Good luck anyway.
Mickael.

Hahaha..Cool

I used to be in the Barlow building before all Engineering from the all Calgary offices got merged into the three Meridian buildings on the opposite side of the parking lot so yeah, I am on Shaw campus in building 3636. Cheers!

mickael_a wrote:

Did you find something?
Airdrie seems to be a lovely little city too. I used RentFaster.ca to find something around, but I live downtown.

And I also work in the Shaw Campus, near Barlow! Seems like EngineerPro and I are colleagues haha.

Good luck anyway.
Mickael.

Funny. Very close! In Meridian Building 2441.

Did you manage to find something.  I am new to this forum but I seen your request and I thought I would ask.  I am a Realtor in Calgary and there are mny great areas near the airport that I could recommend
Peter

Here is a great site to show neighbourhoods in Calgary:

calgaryarea.com

EngineerPro had some good suggestions of neighbourhoods within Calgary's boundaries.

Airdrie or even smaller communities nearby might work for you too. 

I have a co-worker that commutes from a small town named Linden and she loves it there, for example.

Welcome to Calgary Sarah, it's a beautiful place. You can check out the home in Bearspaw as it is really peaceful and awesome.

Hey Sarah, have you got the home? And how are you doing?

Closed