Moving to Vietnam, on the pension, want to stay there permanent?

Hello, Im planning to move to vietnam from Australia i am on the pension and i am thinking i can go and live in vietnam on the pension.

i have no idea what visa or whatever i'm suppose to get , will they let me live there permanant because i'm on pension and regular australian income?

or to live permanant i should see if i can find a nice vietnamese women to marry?

Marry a Vietnamese?  :)  That's not a bad idea to get a VEC (Visa Exemption Certificate) for 5 years though you need to renew it each 90 days. Or if you have some business plans surely you will get a Residence Card.
To come here you can get a tourist visa (1 month/ 3 months). After that you can extend it 2 times.
Vietnam is a nice country to retire.
Welcome to Vietnam!

Cultivate high connections in the government, problem solved.

Hi thanks for quick replies,i'm confused now about dating forienger laws i'm just reading now,
it says here that shes not aloud in my apartment before marriage? is that true so i can't invite her over for cup of tea how are you suppose to get to know the girl before marriage?

or are these laws pretty relaxed?

i'f i rent an apartment in vietnam and have her over to watch movie have cup of tea ,is that all good?

thanks

Hi!
What exactly do you need?
- To go to Vietnam? For?
- To stay here without doing business or something, just live on your pension?
- To live here permanantly?
- To date a woman and legally invite a woman to your apartment?
- To get married to a Vietnamese girl?

To a Vietnamese, your questions sound weird (not offense :) )

haha, why you guys want to ask her to come over instead of getting to know more about each other at cafe's or some other decent places first? No one cares if she visits ur house, just don't ask her to do it right after the first meeting cuz it might scare her and she can take you wrong :))

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

haha, why you guys want to ask her to come over instead of getting to know more about each other at cafe's or some other decent places first?

Most of us believe our own place is plenty decent. ;)

Scarletvn wrote:

Hi!
What exactly do you need?
- To go to Vietnam? For?
- To stay here without doing business or something, just live on your pension?
- To live here permanantly?
- To date a woman and legally invite a woman to your apartment?
- To get married to a Vietnamese girl?

To a Vietnamese, your questions sound weird (not offense :) )

Hello all of the above,although i might do some business there ,
All i'm saying is see the laws say forienger cannot invite a vietnamese person over for cup of tea,
like here in Australia i would invite a girl over , we might play some music watch a movie,show her my art around the house
then go for a walk along the beach.

I would like to go over there get a nice apartment, which i can afford on my pension
meet a nice vietnamese girl, bring her over , maybe make her dinner , lunch, watch a movie,
so i cannot do these things before marriage?

legallly what i have to do is just keep meeting her out places?

nhung.scorpio90 wrote:

haha, why you guys want to ask her to come over instead of getting to know more about each other at cafe's or some other decent places first? No one cares if she visits ur house, just don't ask her to do it right after the first meeting cuz it might scare her and she can take you wrong :))

Hello , i dont mind cafes and things first, but i see a lawy a girl isnt even aloud over my apartment without marriage?

thats what i dont understand, we can't just keep going for cups of cofffees everday then, you not even see my place yet and have to ask you for marriage before  showing you my place?

vietnam law

CO-HABITATING WITH THE VIETNAMESE - The attitude to the law is relaxing over recent years, but the laws are still on the books. It is illegal for a foreigner to share a room with a Vietnamese of the opposite sex without a certificate of engagement or marriage.

Like am i just overeacting with this law,?  if i just invite her over for cup of tea listen to music have dinner, am i breaking the above law?

or is the law not as harsh as it seems would it be compared to not wearing a helmet over here and get a small fine or something?

We recently addressed this issue:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=348806

Thanks dan sf, yes just posted on it asking about the penalties , jail time or fines, it seems as if it is just a mister meener so nothing to worry about ,

so looking forward to moving there soon

Movetoviet wrote:

Thanks dan sf, yes just posted on it asking about the penalties , jail time or fines, it seems as if it is just a mister meener so nothing to worry about ,

so looking forward to moving there soon

To answer your question. In a nutshell you can have her over all day long if you like. After a certain time, not sure if it is 10 or 11, she cannot be in your home. As I mentioned in another post some people have claimed that law has changed but to date nobody has been able to provide any links or verification to that claim.

I can't understand it. We, Viets, only invite someone to our home when we are familiar enough. Actually, there were some guys who asked me to come over, which freaked me out, and I just stopped seeing them. Maybe because Im not seeking for marriage yet then Im not interested in that kind of invitation. But yeah, I think if a girl likes you, she never minds going to ur home, but it takes time for her to have a crush on you, right?

Yes, the law still is that you must register them with the ward police. Nice when they get rid of that stupid rule so you can have people stay without having to go to the police,its 2013 time to catch up.

Hi Moveto vietnam, maybe your missing the point, Viet culture is very different to that in Aus, even if you just txt a girl lots, it can be seen as the start of a relationship, which means eventually, marriage. the starting of a relation ship, if ended, can be humilating for the girl in a big way (just guessing here , but its like she wasn`t good enough) in most cases it will be a long time at the caphe before your dining at home, good luck, when you do find the right girl she will love you without exception! just don`t abuse the trust or the love, Mark

Totally agree with you. We are serious about it, it might sound weird but when we start a relationship, we do hope it can lead to marriage (we hope it works out and that we can live happily together). If it breaks up, we just think we did something wrong, we were not good enough like you said. Easy come, easy go, so if you invite us to your house so early, it just makes us think that you will kick us out of it soon, lol, just IMO. Not sure about open - minded ones.

VN ladies also like to come to your house to see how you live, they will usually bring a friend or family memeber for support. I have a young girl who comes to my house to learn English, she asked me the first time we spoke" am I safe in your house alone" I replied that my house is very open and she will be more than comfortable here.