New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Guys I'm here now too. I'm living and traveling around in Thailand. Hope to share crazy and funny travel experience with you guys :D

Hello Guys. I'm just a Crazy guy from Stockholm Sweden now Staying in Bangkok Thailand, and Traveling around. Back in Sweden I walked any street in any neighborhood at any time, and I'm continuing the same thing here (THAT'S REAL FREEDOM FOR ME) Some people ask me: Are you not afraid to die?My answer is: "IM NOT AFRAID TO LIVE" I have been searching for a good expat-site to share knowledge and get to know you guys. Expat-blog seems great. If you want to know more about me plz ask or check out: CrazyGuyinThailand.wordpress.com  :dumbom:

Hi Iam Yogendra Bohara from kathamndu Nepal  and  want to teaching in bangkok, combodia , vietnam like countries  .hoping that some of my new frien helps me my ambitions.

I m from Singapore. I would like to organise some cycling trips etc.

:cool:  Wow Interesting!

I am Thomas, born 1965, live in thailand since 2006

Even have comnpany here, dont work as no need to.

Cycling a lot here, and helping people for training here, as a partner, sharing fun.
Even my partner and legal owner of the training base stopped last year, as the weather changed and no sure rain free time during november until march, smog in feb until march, what makes it too short season to make win with the rooms and renting bikes (roadbike).
Now I just share sometime a cycling trip though thailand, to meet me old friends

was famous in gernamy fighing agains fraud on old people, getting winning notifications, visit the winner show and lost thousends of euro buying worthless things.

My profession before was 20 years soldier, within 12 years network, database manager, programmer.

So far 8 years now no work and got relaxed a lot.

Hi,

My name is Tim I am 38. I am from UK but I have been coming to Thailand for the last 8 years. It's mainly a winter escape but now I love it here so much in BKK I am spending more time away from Brighton in UK.

I am into kitesurfing, surfing and speedflying. I have just spent time in Bali. Great surf location :):). I tend to follow the surf charts for the best conditions.

I am looking to hook up with other expats, I have also been into cycling, climbing, wakeboarding, tennis, squash and badminton etc. Also like design exhibitions, jazz nights and good old pubs for a pint.

I have lots of contacts dotted all over Thailand but no so many in the big BKK smoke!
Peace
Tim

Hi, welcome to Thailand,  the land of smile. I am thai citizen, living in Bangkok, I can speak French and English. I would like to make French speaking friends in Bangkok : -)

Hello to all...i am Kevin from usa Kentucky and staying in saraburi ...Im 53 and retired ..would like to meet and share with other expats here....

Hello nura ..where are you from ..i am from usa..looking for friends

Hello,

My name is Gap...I'm Thai living in Chiangmai looking for freelance job and explore new friend to exchange culture. If you are interested in travelling here...I can help to be a local guide or assist you on personal basis.

hello all
I am an Australian man living in Thailand 14.5 years now.
I was retired for 8 years - I retired at 50 years old, when I could get a non O visa long stay visa in Thailand.
My girl friend got me out of retirement and now I manage her Law Office in View Talay 5D Jomtien Pattaya Thailand.
We have many overseas and ex pat clients.
It is interesting work and varied.
Our work covers civil and criminal cases, visa, setting up companies, work permits, accounts, we selectively buy and sell properties sometimes.
So if your ever in the area drop in to Thai888 Law Office and say hello
thanks

Hi I am Gary, age 66, retired professional substance abuse counselor. planning move to Chiang Mai in next
4-6 months. I figure to stay least 6 months to check it out-and adjust--to see if will move to retirement there. I am using internet well in finding as much information, and even best people contacts with experience and knowledge before i go. Helps me not go totally unconnected to a land far away. In reading messages you are connected to you have much experience and response to peoples questions.
Now i have the two main things established i need to haveAA meetings, and a good fitness center-
Centara Duangtawan Fitness Club
132 Loy Kroh Road, Chiang Mai
My friend said the other day i am only transferring life here in USA to a new country. Well some of ityesthose two things are my ground level rituals i can do most anywhere in the world, and the rest i
create once there.
Well presently i am looking at furnished apartments and guest houses that have a wide range
of commitments to offerfrom weekend to one year.
I am going over what in world to pack and take? I like biking, so that is a must, and gym clothes,
my juicer. I have a 27 IMac desktopdont know if it can be shipped okay?
so am thinking of getting apple laptop instead..
the rest of what to take is up in airas only times i been to foreign country to
livethe government handled all the packing, shippingVietnam and Okinawa.
still havent decided about cell phonesi have IPhonewith
AT&Twith unlimited international text but not calls
whether to keep thisas not sure if will retire in thailand yet
and get cheap phone when get there to use just for thailand
or pay off iPhone, remove SIM here, and get new SIM when get to
thailandbut then cant text home in USA...
My email address is [email protected]
skype--gwirfs
I just read over all messages about being new posted here since March this year.
I am building a network of contacts now--before i move--so can then
just continue contact--in person.
i look forward to any and all contacts..
Gary  😉😉😜😜

Hi guy,
              This is santanu here. Now i'm in India but got a job in pattaya and going to be there in 1 month.....just hopeing to get a great life there with good income

Hopefully it will be so. good luck.

Hi, I am Atula from India. My husband and I have been here for 5 and 3 years respectively. He works for FAO, UN and I'm pursuing a Ph.D degree at the Chulaongkorn university. Great to be on this blog.

Hello Julien,
I am Tate from Philadelphia, PA.
I aspire to plan retire early in about 9 months time. Then I would like to move to Pattaya, Thailand. Thailand seems to be an exotic place with very kind and gentle people.
Would like live on a low budget, and live the rest of my days stress free, but with adventure and a spice for llife. Will make this new journey in my life either in April 2015 or May 2015.
Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself,  and get much needed info to help me move along smoothly.
Cheers!

nice to meet you
with your retirement you will need a non O visa
then each year you need to apply for 12 months extension
you will need to prove money in the bank or a pension each time you apply for extension

you can rent long term or buy something - then you will enter the Thai legal system

you will also eventually attract a partner and then the fun really begins

if you want more help or advice then contact me

thanks

Pleasure to meet you, Blackjack.
Thank you for the info...I will not be of retirement age when I arrive in Thailand...I will be 49, but was wondering what are my options for long period stays in Thailand without the non 0 visa?

Nice to meet you guys !
I'm Syne Thai girl 23 yrs old living in Bangkok Thailand. New graduated and seeking job now but whatever i'd love to make friends and exchange language partners. I can speak Thai ,English and Mandarin looking forward for your msg thank you :)

hey there,am princess Ada i will love to meet a lovable character to share some fun with am simple and down to earth.

hmmm

Hi folks my name is Patrick I'm from Denver but now live in Chiang Mai I'm 34 and have been a chef for most of those years nice to meet yall

Thank you Christine for welcoming me into this expat Thailand forum.
You ask for an intro about me... ? 

Well Christine,  briefly it's like this.  I'm at my happiest when I'm rehearsing for any upcoming party or gathering or performing live music for any current or upcoming party or gathering.  I love festive times.  So anywhere I can play music, have fun, and make people dance and be merry is where I'll be headed and where I'll eventually end up.  Whether Thailand or not we'll see.   I am looking to get somewhere where there are smiling faces, happy people and good times.

(Moderated: no copy/paste on the forum pls)

Thank you for this chance. I would like to share my experiences here. i am a dress designer and an entrepreneur in Thailand only. I am also not an expat. Looking forward for great discussions here.

Thank you..!!
Mira

yuyukankan wrote:

Thank you so much for a warm welcoming.
oh well, my story is long and till this minute, minute 89th, I still have to fight with documents problems...

I applied for non B from my home countries, lacking of WP3 form so that I need to wait my company to send over from Thailand.
You know it takes a week since applying to the Ministry labor, takes 1 day to arrive in Vietnam, and 2 days to be approved for non B. but we take more time to figure that out at first.

get to Thailand, I run medical check and found out I've got Tuberculosis.
so it means I can't process work permit on that day.
I took 2 weeks to take meds and you know the clock is ticking since we have only 1 month to process WP.
after 2 weeks I came back the hospital, for a recheck, and that I was ok then I was able to process WP.
I flew off Bangkok to Malaysia in Songkran time, 1 day before picking up my WP.
I asked for the re-entry but got wrong advice that I should get it when coming back Thailand.
I'm ok then on the day back I realized my non B was cancelled right on the spot.

now that I got WP, my non B visa gone.
I need to re-apply and that's so long story....
a whole process again to for resubmitting.
in need a hand of God,

Hav you submitted your Business Visa application?

hello i  wont expat in thaland not yet expat i love this country ..sombody can inform me about permit work or visa whay is therule here for thhis staff thanks everybody and regards

Hello,Im Russian 19 years old girl. Looking for friends in Pattaya. Im friendly and funny :)

Hi Bill,
I am Bas from Canada and seriously thinking to move soon to Cheng mai. I read your comments on accommodation in Cheng Mai with interest. Please could you advise  about whom should I contact  for cheap accommodation  to begin with.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Bas

Hi all,

I am Vuth and I am totally new here. Nice to meet everyone.

Hey nice to meet you. I am Vuth from Bangkok.

hello
I am very sure you will have no problems making friends

Sia21 wrote:

Hello,Im Russian 19 years old girl. Looking for friends in Pattaya. Im friendly and funny :)

hello
I am very sure you will have no problems making friends

bluesmansaxarmon wrote:

hello i  wont expat in thaland not yet expat i love this country ..sombody can inform me about permit work or visa whay is therule here for thhis staff thanks everybody and regards

hello
if you are over 50 you can get a non O visa based on retirement
if you want a work permit then you can work for a company or set your own company up
if you want details then contact me

thanksvisa

Hi all,

A warm hello to you all.

I`m a Brit living in Thailand currently. I live in beautiful Chiangmai and have been here about 10 years.

I`m a qualified teacher now but worked in the Telecoms business for 15 years or so back in the UK.

I`m a keen biker and if your looking for a good place to go and ride come here...awesome roads/ no cops/ no cameras and great roads.

I`m currently looking for a move up the educational ladder to increase income as salaries are too low for me here now.So I might well be off to another country soon as much as I will hate to leave Thailand.

Feel free to ask me anything about Thailand ..my local knowledge is pretty good.

Mike

Hi all
I am  a man 58 years of age, working as a psychologist  and living i Stavanger, Norwey, I am  a danish citizen. I am married with my thai wife. She  has her origins in Chiang Mai and we plan to buy a house in Chiang Mai in the time to come.

Newbie to the Thailand forum! Greetings everyone :)

My family and I are looking to visit Thailand and perhaps permanently move theresuch a beautiful country.

I am not interested in Thailand, only in Indonesia.

BoKristensen wrote:

I am not interested in Thailand, only in Indonesia.

Welcome to the forum

Please note that you need to post this on the Indonesia section of this forum. thank you.

Closed