Take car back to tunis

Hi want to take car to tunisia and leave it there what option I have with out using fcr and not paying customers

You can take your car for free as a tourist to Tunisia (for 3 months max), but you should re-exit and re-enter every three months (one day in algeria is enough).

It depends.

Are you Tunisian? If yyes, then you can bring a car free of charges, then you register it in Tunisia as a RS Car, or you pay 25% of the custom using your FCR right.

If you are not a Tunisian citizen, there are other regulations ....

But in all ways you should be able to bring a car to Tunisia.

What has been proposed to you to leave Tunisia every 3 months, it is no longer recommended, as leaving to Lybia or Algeria at this time is not safe and i would never recommend you going there looking to all the troubles on the borders ...

Cheers,
Makrem

@Makrem3100
I've been told that since my vehicle is a 2011 that I could not ship it from America to have here in Tunisia? That the car needs to be less than 5 years old. Is this the case? I prefer not to bring my brand new car to Tunisia since the driving here and insurance is not comparable to American standards. The rules of the road are not enforced and people actually crash into your car and leave while you are parked leaving your car damaged and the insurance does not cover the damage. Even if it does you have to pay to fix it and wait months for the insurance to send the money back to you. Most people in Tunisia don't have thousands of dinar to fix their cars and wait for insurance to send money back to you.  So I prefer to ship my older vehicle here but it has extremely low mileage.
Hi Christie,

Welcome to expat.com!

You are commenting on a thread that has been inactive since March 2014. It is therefore unlikely that there will be any replies.

If you want to discuss a specific topic, please do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Tunisia forum.

Vero
Expat.com team

bonjour, c'est impossible le véhicule doit avoir moins de 5 ans et les taxes douanières sont très très importantes. J'ai abandonné l'idée, j'achèterai une voiture sur place. Cordialement