GAMCA Report

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : no illegal information please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

That is not good advice from the perspective of ethics or legality.  Besides, it won't help.  The issue is not passport numbers.  If someone has got a lung scar, whether you wait six months or re-test in 3 days will not make a difference.  Why?  because lung scars do not disappear even over decades.  If marked UNFIT for this reason, you can pretty much consider it as a permanent UNFIT where GAMCA is concerned - no matter how many times you re-test.   So going through all the hassle and reporting previous passport as lost etc etc is not really worth it if you do have some issue.

XTang wrote:

That is not good advice from the perspective of ethics or legality.  Besides, it won't help.  The issue is not passport numbers.  If someone has got a lung scar, whether you wait six months or re-test in 3 days will not make a difference.  Why?  because lung scars do not disappear even over decades.  If marked UNFIT for this reason, you can pretty much consider it as a permanent UNFIT where GAMCA is concerned - no matter how many times you re-test.   So going through all the hassle and reporting previous passport as lost etc etc is not really worth it if you do have some issue.

:one

Folks, one idea is to carry out additional tests to support your case if you feel that the GAMCA results are not right. I had the same issue when I did my medical check-up for employment in Saudi.

I failed my medical initially due to a rejection in one of the blood test results - this was done in Malaysia. I was convinced it was a mix up or that the evaluation was not done fairly. I went to 3 other independent labs and get my blood retested, brought the results back to the first doctor that labeled me as unfit, challenged his evaluation and finally he agreed that he made a wrong evaluation.

I went to Saudi, got another round of medical check-up and everything went well. What I'm trying to say is, IF you feel that the initial results are not correct - go for retests. But if it's something real, accept the bitter fact and make peace with it.

Hi XTang,

I have read all your valuable responses in this thread so far. I have a similar query as others but wit h some extra conditions:
My father has worked in Oman for past 35 years. And he just retired couple of months back. Now he is planning to be on family visa. For that he had to go out of country i.e. Oman and do medical.
The medical report says that he is UNFIT because of a tiny oval calcified granuloma noted in upper zone of periphery. Some reason that boils down to TB. (Like  seriously? we all are shocked to hear this as he never was diagnosed with anything all his life).
Hence he is unfit as per GCC criteria.
Previous posts say that :
1. there is possiblility to do an ultrasound of chest. Is it true? If yes, does it need to be done at GAMCA clinic only or anywhere else to prove that he is FIT? again can this be done immediately or we need to wait for 6 months?
2. Go to Oman on Visit visa and get medical test done there. Which in our case is possible. But can that be done immediately? Or we need to wait for 6 months?

Thank you and I will be really glad if you can help me. :)

Hi modjo,

Do additional tests need to be done at GAMCA medical center only or can it be done elsewhere? How do we convince them to consider new set of results over GAMCA?

modjo wrote:
XTang wrote:

:one

Folks, one idea is to carry out additional tests to support your case if you feel that the GAMCA results are not right. I had the same issue when I did my medical check-up for employment in Saudi.

I failed my medical initially due to a rejection in one of the blood test results - this was done in Malaysia. I was convinced it was a mix up or that the evaluation was not done fairly. I went to 3 other independent labs and get my blood retested, brought the results back to the first doctor that labeled me as unfit, challenged his evaluation and finally he agreed that he made a wrong evaluation.

I went to Saudi, got another round of medical check-up and everything went well. What I'm trying to say is, IF you feel that the initial results are not correct - go for retests. But if it's something real, accept the bitter fact and make peace with it.

Personally I would recommend option 2. Also do a quantiferon gold test in any clinic in Oman. That will show if he has tb or not and good to argue your case if negative.

XTang,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Can the test be done immediately or is there a wait period of 6 months?

XTang wrote:

Personally I would recommend option 2. Also do a quantiferon gold test in any clinic in Oman. That will show if he has tb or not and good to argue your case if negative.

For gamca wait of 6 months but for most gcc countries, visit visa conversion test can be done without any wait.

@kashish_14, I agree with @XTang in favor of option 2.

For my case, I did extensive tests to challenge the original medical test results with GAMCA and non-GAMCA clinics. This was to convince my previous employer to support my visa issuance, but ultimately I got re-tested again in Saudi (similar approach like option 2 that you laid out).

Which medical center in nuscat you done the medical, detail please now I am in muscat

There is one called badr al sama in al khoud

Can you please tell me the meidcal centre name in muscat oman

Hi ssmdeen,

Simple. Almost every second polyclinic in Muscat is GAMCA certified.

Go to your nearest clinic and ask them if they are GAMCA approved and they will let you know. If they aren't, they will direct you to the one that is closest to you.

Hi sumithran

my brither have a issue on x ray , have a fibrosis in left lung, here they are accept and have a channce to get the fit certificate

Hi ssmdeen,

Well, these are not questions anybody here in the forum can say 'yes', or 'no' to.

The medical officer at GAMCA clinic would be the one to decide whether or not the person in question is 'fit' to travel, or not.

And, whether the tests are done in Oman, or India, or elsewhere, the evaluation of the test results would not vary drastically.

HI
How did you go there ? By visit Visa or company gave Business Visa? Please let me know

Thanks in advance
anil

I am from pakistan
and I  got the job for acountant in muscat oman but I got a problem when i go for gamca docter put me on hold that my eye sight is very low from left eye what should i do plz help

@sachinnikam

What is cut off range for HBA1C to pass gamca medical

Hi , before going to gamca I just took an x-ray soo in that my right lungs is blunted likely to be pleural thickening soo plz tell me wht should I do before gamca test ? Is thr any way ?