Help me convince my parents to let me come to Cairo!

Hello!
      I am planning to continue my study of Egyptian Arabic in Cairo next month, but obviously my parents are a little worried about the political situation. I was hoping that maybe some of you who are living in Cairo, especially Maadi, could offer me, and my parents, some reassuring words on the current political situation in regards to safety. I was born and raised in New York City, and I have been by myself to many parts of Sub-Saharan Africa, including South Sudan and Kenya immediately after their post-election violence in 2008; I know that I would be safe and able to take care of myself, but obviously my parents are still worried. Considering I am still in University and they would be funding my studies, it would help me quite a bit if any of you could offer even the slightest advice or opinion from your firsthand experiences. Thank you!

hi
i live at cairo maadi
maadi is lovely and peaceful to great extent
also there are some of language centers who teach formal and may be informal arabic :-)
welcome:-)

Hey, Soliva.
I am really amazed why you decided to come here! Especially that Cairo is not the most lovely city in the world)
What can I advise: I've been visiting few schools in Cairo, and can say that you must choose very carefully where you will study. As for me this is one of the best in here http://www.kalimategypt.com/ I really loved to go there, but it is in Mohandeseen.

Maadi is so nice place, Egypt Status is stable from inside
you dont have to believe the media all the time
i get out everyday and get to my work , its normal

i can help you about anything i can do for you

Stay in a safe community like maadi, join a social community like CSA (visit thier web : livinginegypyt.com) so you can build your community network, do not trust any one and specially egyptian men, unless you know them well, good luck