Arabic lessons

Hi guys and gals,
I've just signed up for some beginner's Arabic lessons (finally!) but we're low on numbers (as in it's just me so far...!) It's AUC approved, with the Arabia Academy, Nasr City branch. It costs: $300, to be taught over 1 month, 3 nights per week Sun-Tues-Thursday. Starting 25th Sept. Contact Juliana at [email protected] to sign up and keep me company! :D

Sorry Admins, I hope you don't think this is an advert, it's a personal plea really ;)

too far for me:/

I wonder , why we don't communicate with each other to exchange languages . I mean , British guys & girls can teach English to the others . Egyptians can provide Arabic. Italians can teach the Italian language .. etc

People do that sometimes, there have been several posts about it :) but I want a qualified teacher. Then I can practice what I've learnt with my friends :-D

i have Rosetta stone program it is very good program i can give copy of it to anyone it is free of charge
i have 3 levels for Arabic
also i have other cds for German, Italian, English, Spanish, French
if any want need copy i can make one for him / her
free of charge :-) but just let me know your operating system because windows is different than Mac

Rosetta Stone Arabic is (moderated). I downloaded it for my wife ...... It teaches you 17th century Arabic and if you speak this Arabic in Egypt, expect people to laugh at you !

The Egyptian wrote:

Rosetta Stone Arabic is (moderated). I downloaded it for my wife ...... It teaches you 17th century Arabic and if you speak this Arabic in Egypt, expect people to laugh at you !

sure don't like it because is teach you Arabic Fusha and we speak Arabic Amiya At Egypt so you don't like it but any one want learn Arabic Fusha will like it

Hi Eltviola!!!
I'm interesting in the courses? Yo've already had the first cours??
Is it difficult? Is it in english or in arabic?? (My english is suxx, but my arabic is worse, sorry)))
Are you begginer or do you have some basic Arabic?
Thx!!

The Egyptian wrote:

It depends on what is your goal for learning Arabic . Rosetta Stone will be useful If you are looking for talking in Arabic formally or use it in writing formal letters . But, if you are looking for learning Arabic to communicate with Egyptians people in the streets & so on , I think that Rosetta Stone will not be useful at all .

IrinaM wrote:

Hi Eltviola!!!
I'm interesting in the courses? Yo've already had the first cours??
Is it difficult? Is it in english or in arabic?? (My english is suxx, but my arabic is worse, sorry)))
Are you begginer or do you have some basic Arabic?
Thx!!

Hi :) and welcome.
I'm starting lessons this Sunday evening (2nd Oct) in Nasr City near City Stars. It's beginner's Arabic - I've lived here for a year but I only know random words, not sentences yet! :/ so it'll be the basics from the start. It's taught in English but the instructor may know French, I'm not sure :)

Send an email to info@arabia-academy for more info and Juliana should reply to you quickly, she's very helpful :D
Elaine

Hi eltviola,

How was your first day :D

Did u find it hard like french for me :sosad:?

It was great thanks!! Hard work though :-o my brain was fried after 2 hours :)

So Eltviola, Can you recommend Arabia Academy by now, What is your first impression?

@eltviola then by next week we gonna have chit chat in Arabic,get prepared :lol: