Where to unlock my blackberry

Hey,

My blackberry is from England and therefore can't work foreign simcards without unlock. It is a HARDLOCK (MEP 0left). Does anyone know a place where I could unlock it in Surabaya?

Thanks a lto

Just ask around in local phone shops BUT...

Many will try to rip you off in a large way.
The price should be less than Rp50,000, probably more like Rp30,000.

I was there when one foreigner was told Rp400,000. The price was enquired about and the man in the shop told him his friend could do it so he'd go to another stall and ask.
After 10 minutes, the girl he sent hadn't returned so I asked what was wrong. Another girl went to look for the first, returning with the price of Rp400,000.
I told the boss there was no way and the phone should be returned without delay or the job being done.
The second girl went, I followed.
We found the first who had already had it unlocked at that stupid price so I took the phone, told my mate to walk and told the guy on the stall to stop being a rip off artist and he would have to stand the cost himself as he'd tried to rip my mate off and had the work done in an attempt to force the price.
He wasn't happy but that's his problem.

This is a common problem in Indonesia where their are many who see foreigners as stupid walking ATMs.
I went for a camera for my wife a couple of months ago and many of the shops doubled the price, one even tripled it.
The moral of the storay is, make sure you have a clue about price before you open your wallet or you'll get hammered.

hi kerkez,
unfortunately am not bb user but i had once accompanied my colleague to "bb expert center" at Jl. Gubeng Raya 35 Surabaya.
There are also bunch of bb service center (depend on local simcard you have) and cell shops at WTC - Jl. Pemuda (opposite Hotel Surabaya Plaza), but you should be careful and better to have indonesian friend to go with you; mas fred's story may happened here too.