Travel to cairo

any cheap and reliable tour operator to book a trip to CAIRO. what is the cheapest way to travel there...by car or train?

Hiya Marz11

I asked the same question but from Cairo to Alex....I'm not sure if this link will work

Travel from Cairo to Alexandria

But that is the title of the post too.

Its as long as it is wide basically.

Whatever you decide, have a safe journey,

Chuckles

This is the full title:
Forum > Living in Africa > Egypt > Cairo > Everyday life > Travel from Cairo to Alexandria

Train is not working anymore due to the political and special circumstances that country is facing nowadays, you can take either mini bus or normal bus,, mini bus is faster but the normal bus is more comfy. If your looking for a cheap deal, I would advice you to go to all sights in Cairo by yourself without booking any tour cause Cairo is well known as a scam city, just get a guide book and go, if you don't have one you can ask me and ill send you a pdf version guide book. Also, be aware that some touristic sights in Cairo are closed nowadays as well, not all of them, just few cause the lack of tourists.

from where can I GET the bus in Alexandria to Cairo? and how much will be the bus ticket?

yes please can you send me the pdf version of the travel guide

You can ask about "Super Jet" Bus service stations where you can book a ticket. I don't remember the price but it's around 60-70 EGP, if i am correct. There is one station in Miami in Alexandria, and the other is in  Moharrem Bek.

Here is a link for booking:

http://gate.ahram.org.eg/UI/Front/Servi … tegoryID=2

Good luck :)

Edit: You can make it english by scrolling inside the windowed application to the top right, and click "English".

Give me your email where i can send you the guide book plz, i have a Hungarian friend who is staying with me and going to Cairo tomorrow 21 Oct at night, you can join him if you are interested. Im going to Cairo also after 2 days so you can join me too if that suits you :)

I have inboxed you my email. I am planning to go after a month...as I am studying in Alexandria

Ok, ill check it out.
Wish you a good luck

train is back to work starting today,
which is better, train or bus..  it will depend on what you are looking to see there and how many day