Durbanville area / Help me to choose a place to live/ Commuting

Hello everyone!
Me and my hubby are relocating to SA by the end of the year. We are now dealing with contracts and would appreciate some help to choose a good location to settle.
I might be working in Durbanville and my husband my be working in CBD. We looked for information about Durbanville area but found nothing but wine tasting spots lol
Where do you advise us to choose to live. Knowing that we HATE traffic! We have spent some years in Ghana and dealing with traffic on a daily basis was driving us nuts! We had to sit in traffic almost to go everytwhere even on Sundays!
We want an area that is accessible to both of us with reasonable traffic. Also somewhere with nightlife, hang outs, bars, supermarkets,nature well.....WHAT DO YOU ADVISE?
We have google map everything but they might not be realistic estimations. We would appreciate to have feed back from people on the ground.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Cheers!

Hi Sun971,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Cape Town section this might be helpful. :)

Thank you,

David.

Durbanville and Kraaifontein are decent areas and at the N1, making the drive to the CBD easy.  If you hate traffic, be thankful that you missed all of the "improvements" for the World Cup.

Wine tasting just may be the main activity in Durbanville but it is close enough to Table Mountain and the cape for weekend leisure.