Nice area to live for 3-6 months

I'm looking for a nice apartment 600 pounds a month hope someone can help me

Hi anntropez,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Cape Town section, this might help you. :)

Regards,

David.

I lived in a place called Century City for 2.5 years. Loved every minute. Great place, safe, serene, up-scale, houses the biggest shopping mall(I read) in Africa called Canal Walk, lots of other great attractions.

Your budget would be more than adequate given the £/Rand exchange rate.

Just Google Century city, and google pictures of the place.

Or Check on gumtree.

Downside, its not a walking distance to centre of town, where there is a ton more things/places to visit and do, and within walking distance of each other. But many people (including me) who live outside of town would say they can never live there cos it's too crowded

Hey! I have just read your comment.It is very helpful!
Century city seems like an attractive place to live. Me and my husby are moving to CT soon. We were thinking of looking for a house in century city. How is the commuting to town? ( traffic situation)

Sun971 wrote:

We were thinking of looking for a house in century city. How is the commuting to town? ( traffic situation)

Well Century city (CC) to town is like a 10-15 min drive on a freeway with your own car. Add another 10 min or so in traffic which occurs mainly at rush hour times, or accidents. But it is not the kinda "stand still" traffic you would get in Ghana (read your other post,) but more of a "go slow". All in all it is very tolerable or "reasonable", re your other post.

As for commuting to town via public transportation, you have the option of mini buses, or MyCiTi busses (google it), which is far more comfortable, but maybe more expensive. Only "downside" is if you live some 10 mins away from a bus stop.

Re your Durbanville/CBD dilemma in your other post, (in addition to living in CC,) it's gonna be tricky.

CC to CBD won't be a problem. CC to durbanville everyday won't be fun. Use google maps to see the distance. Dunno if MyCiTi busses go that route. check their website to be sure.

It is mos def doable, just needs planning. e.g you can 'car share' with someone going that way everyday. But if you will be getting a car for yourself, problem practically solved.

Cheers.

K

Thanks a lot for all your detailled info! That's definitely helping and relieving some of the stress.
As a whole it's better for us to get a car right?
In the case we do, would commuting from CC to Durbanville a problem? I googled it, I have an idea of the distance but traffic can change everything. I am used to 30min commuting to go to work where I am now, so it's not a problem as long as we are not in a slow chocked traffic.
We also thought about table view or Milnerton that should be closer to Durbanville ( according to google). Anyway we'll see...thanks for your help anyway. We appreciate.

If you want to live in Cape Town you should get a car.

Century City is not a bad neighbourhood and it is right next to Canal Walk but Durban's Gateway is actually the largest mall in Africa.