Learning Thai in Bangkok

Hi All,

Coming to Bangkok in November to learn the Thai language for about three months.  Staying in the Sukhumvit area.  Would appreciate any advice from fellow forumers.

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,
philip

can you please tell more a bout yourself and how much does it cost for learn thai on 3 months?

Good question.  I'll say I am a decent guy, half a century old :)  Enjoy movies, photography and snooker - not necessarily in that order.

Thai Language - company registered me for the course.  Not cheap I believe, but can find out.

Just wondering what can I do around Sukhumvit during my spare time.

Just a small part of foreigners learn Thai well but it defintely is a great asset when you want to live and work here.

I have searched and found a list of 27 thai languge schools, this website shows direct links to the websites: winvasia.com/business_category/thai-language-schools/

Thanks much Patrick.  My company had actually registered me for a three-month course at one of the language schools.  Will find out more when I am there in another couple of weeks. :)

Ive been at the Walen langunge school at the times square building at sukhumvit. Nice place to learn thai

Nice. How long have you been learning the language? I will be starting my classes on 4 November at the Baan Aksorn school which is also on sukhumvit. :)

Well for as I grew up with Thai, when I went to live in Bangkok I started from a higher level already. But I was at the Walen school for around 6 Months in total. I hope your school does teach you to read and write in Thai letters from the start. If not, I highly recommend u to learn it right away! As for my opinion, Romanization is so confusing and leads to the wrong pronounciation.

Good luck!

Oh okay. Didn't realise you are Thai. Nice to know you. My course is just under three months so not sure if I will learn much, especially written Thai.