Eye Surgery

Hoping to undergo a simple Cataract eye surgery at Al Hammadi Hospital in Sulaimaniya on Wed Apr 28 at 9:00 amm. Been postponing it for almost a year now but have no choice but to do it now since its becoming rather traumatic for my vision and movement.

The significant risk factor is that its my only seeing eye since I lost the left one at age 12 while playing in school 50 years back.

Surgeon tells me I can go home by Thursday evening but will have to endure a few days before I may use the eye. Probably will be bandaged for a few days.

Wish me luck! I need it bad.

All the best musicman. InshaAllah everything will go smoothly and you'll recover your eyesight :)

all the best musicman...inshallah the surgery will go smoothly. U dont worry, its a very simple surgery these days. my grandma went thru this surgery very recently and she was allowed to go back home in half an hour. my prayers are with u sir

my prayers are with u sir

You're a lucky man, musicman. Between all the religions on this forum, we've got you covered!!

Get yourself well--we'll miss you.

awww thanks so much...
i will be fine, God Willing!
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do
and so is a woman, too, i guess?

erm.. what was that?  did you just say you gotta be a woman?!?

WHOA!

Wasn't this shahab.ali's plan FIRST ?!?

Musicman - good luck on Wednesday!  You'll be in our prayers.  If you or the family need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.  We are here for you! 

Be sure to have your wife type your messages for you while the bandages are on :lol::lol::lol:  or we will miss you terribly!

I know u ,as soon u will get rid off that covering from your Eye,u gonna rush to the Expat.com :lol::lol::lol:  tell me where u gonna have the surgery,i may come to see u :D

Hope everything goes well Musicman.

The surgery will be done at Al Hammadi Hospital in Olaya. I will probably be in there for 2 days only since its not a major procedure. Lets hope I can get back to blogging ASAP?
Thanks for all the good wishes and kind words. God Bless!

Oh my God! musicman said nothing about my visit :P

he probably is scared of u :P

I am wishing all the luck to be with you..

It will be great to see you after the surgery, you will have better vision on us.. till then...

Allie - whats the word on visitation and where is that hosp located?  Any idea?

500 meters from the Kingdom Tower..
On the opposite side of Olaya, 1 street behind..
Al Hammadi Hospital.. Yesterday I checked by Google Earth..

you will have better vision on us..

ooops. Should have met him before the surgery--I'd have looked more attractive :lol:

wat do u mean by 'MORE'????

:mad:

i think musicman have gone thru the surgery.
hoping to hear from him soon

Thanks guys. Surgery went well on Wed. Back home yesterday. Was on pins till it was over and the bandages remnoved to see the light.

Unbelievably my vision is much more clearer and criosp now. I can see colors like never before, beautiful dark colors and tremendous contrasts too. Incredible.

Wont be getting back to work until Monday. Will be seeing the surgeon again on Sunday. Will have to get a new pair of gl;asses for reading since the old one will not do for the new lens.

The surgery is called PHACOEMULSIFICATION and can be viewed on Youtube. Its done under local anasthesia and I could hear and feel what they were doing. I could even see the instruments entering and moving inside my eye during the whole procedure. Simply amazing what the human brain has been able to achieve. Took about an hour with another 30 minutes for preparation.

The biggest trauma was surviving a full day without any sight. My wife stayed over with me at the hospital. God Bless her!

All in all it was very comfortable and easy except for the anxiety before and during the surgery.

Nonz, I didnt mean to ignore your visitation statement. You were always welcome. Everyone was but sadly I wouldt have been able to see you. Now that I can see better you gals better make sure you have your make up on all of the time.

Thanks again. God Bless.

WELCOME back to the forum--so glad all went went and seems to have made such an improvement!!

hey musicman...glad to see u here...take some rest sir

Nonz, I didnt mean to ignore your visitation statement. You were always welcome. Everyone was but sadly I wouldt have been able to see you. Now that I can see better you gals better make sure you have your make up on all of the time.

oops!!!!! Now that's what we asked for :o:o:o

hehehe....let me get back to u...i have to buy new make up to hide my wrinkles :lol::lol::lol:

hurry up cos i am still wearing shades...