Down Syndrome in Valencia

Hi, our son has Down's Syndrome, he's now 19. We've lived in Dubai for the past 2 years but we're planning to move next year. We visited the Valencia region this summer and really liked it and thought it could be a great place for us to settle down. But before we make that decision we would like to know more about the facilities Valencia has to offer in terms of disabilities. Our son is still attending school, he's very bright and loves sports. We would like him to continue his development and have a happy, social and fulfilling life. Together with the academic program he's also been trained in various jobs. He's very independent and can do most things by himself.  We've been expats for the past 22 years and lived in a few continents. Our son speaks English, French and Spanish and he adapts incredibly easy to new settings. Is there anybody out there in the expat community that has any experience or knowledge on the matter or have ideas on how and where to start ourresearch? Friends have suggested Asindown but we would also like to try a more personal approach. If anybody out there can enlighten us, we would really appreciate it. Thanks. Andrea and family

Hello Andrea Dubai.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

I get the sema situation, and looking for special education for my 19 years boy with Down syndrome

Hi liihong,

This topic is actually very old.

I would advise you to create a new thread in the Valencia forum and to ask all your questions. It might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team