Expat Meeting in Recife Sept 14th?

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Catherine, I'm a Canadian engineer and I travel to Recife very frequently for work (~half time) where I know barely no one.

I had the ambition of initiating an expat “community” in Recife, and quickly realized it wouldn't be so easy so I started to contact individuals from this expat-blog site. I'm thinking now it may be much more fun to meet all together in Recife so I am contacting you as a group here. Some of you may know each other already, some not...what about meeting next Saturday (Sept 14th), and why not bring or pass the word to your friends (expats and locals)?

Somehow I can feel there's a lot of potential in this city and expat community so wanted to try this out. Let me know if you're interested to meet and what you'd like to do! I'll let you know what comes out of my search and a meeting point if this works out.

I hope to meet you all, and very curious to learn about the different stories from Recife!
Cheers,
Catherine

Hi Katia,

If you want to organize a successful Expat-blog meet-up, you're going to have to take the bull by the horns and do it yourself, because it's unlikely anyone else will take the initiative and do it. I suggest that you choose a location that is centrally located and a time, then post a notice with a RSVP date for at least a week before the event, so you can book a reservation or change. The best chances of success will be if you start to plan well ahead of time and post an announcement about 3 weeks before the proposed event.

Really, one week from now is simply not enough time to get many favorable responses from members since most of them will already have their week planned.

If you still wish to organize a meet-up contact me by private message and I will guide you through the process.

(Edited from original text)

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thank You!

I know one week ahead is not much, but I need to comply with my complex travel schedule.

In addition, I've received a few positive replies in private message and am really looking forward to meet expats in Recife.

The number of foreginers in Recife is much smaller than in the big cities where you must be working more frequently, I think the approach to contact expats and the reaction to such proposal may be different...so far it's been very positive.

..and if they can't do that "meet-up", they can join the next one! ;)

Cheers,
Catherine

ps: oh and for those interested, I'll post the time and location once defined!

Hi Katie,

Sounds great, hope you get a fairly decent turnout and you guys have lots of fun.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Bonjour Catherine:

Good morning Catherine: I sent you an answer, but I can not find your response to my email, so if you want you may send me an email to: [email protected].

Dayse

Good Morning Dayse!!

I just replied on your e-mail address as well!

Hope to see you!
Bom Dia!!

Catherine

Hi Everyone!!!

I've received a number of positive answers to the "expat-event" proposal (thank you!!), and it is actually the Birthday of one of our "Recife Expat-Blog" member this Saturday who proposed that we join her and her friends to celebrate!! how great, so the meet-up is now set!!

We will meet at Gio Restaurante in BoaViagem at 5PM, Saturday September 14th... it is a new restaurant that looks very fun, with music shows and turns into a bar/club later on... it gets crowded early, so if you can't make it at 5, pass by later during the night(of course) but there may be a little wait.

don't hesitate to contact me to let me know if you'd like to join, if you have questions, or with other ideas of meet-up!!

Happy Friday in Recife,
Catherine

RESTAURANT ADDRESS: Gio Pizzeria D.O.C & Grill
Av. Fernando Simões Barbosa, 170 - Boa Viagem, Recife - PE, 51020-390 ‎

Ok, I sent you a positive answer.

See you!

Thanks

Merci Dayse,
Bien Recu Votre Reponse!! A demain! :)
Catherine

Hi Catherine!
Its been a month since I have moved to Recife! Please let us know when the next meet will happen. I have a similar ambition to establish a strong expat community here in Recife... would like to help!

Cheers for the initiative!

Regards,
Ali

Hi there,

Any updates on meetings in Recife?     :)