Teresopolis contacts

Hi. My name is Glyn. I moved from the UK to Spain in 2003 and then a year later to Brazil. I lived in Rio for two years, Praia da Bica - Jardim Guanabara, before settling in Teresopolis. This December I will have been married to my Brazilian wife Monica for 14 years yet despite all this my Portuguese language skills only amount to about the same number of words. I have my CPF and estrangero identity (process took 3 years) which is due to be renewed next year. I would love to make contact with other expats in this area, especially Teresopolis.

@PrimeSuspect

Are you still in Tere or did you move?

@ExpatUSATravels We're now living in Guapimirim although we still retain the house in Teresopolis.

Oh very nice.

Good climate, and you are on the Mountains.  So you are not on the shore line. Less urban violence.

And there might be a lot of local farming, so you can actually practice Farm to Fork shopping habits.

Here's a trick to improve on your language skills..

Pick up Brazilian Music from 50's to the mid to late 80's.  Forget the rest.   As you listen to, you will start recognizing words, expressions.

The stuff nowadays is ladden with obscenities and void of creativity..  Otherwise you will be surprised with so much there is out there even Brazilians are not familiarized with. 

The period from mid 60's to mid 80's is even richer as song writers had to be more creative with lyrics to evade censorship.

The list is so enormous, so get a Wikipedia on Musica Popular Brasileira, Rock Brasileiro, Sampa Cancao, that are so many tribes, rhytms,  once you pass through the conventional stereotypes.

@sprealestatebroker

No music is greater than the 60s-70s "for me".

I love the old songs from Brasil, US, Canada, and UK from back then.

Especially Brasil and USA,