New to Basel and looking for yoga studios and hiking trails

Hello me and my husband just recently moved from the US to Basel, Switzerland. This is actually our first time living outside of the U.S. We are adjusting to the culture and our new lifestyle here in Basel. We would like to get to know expats or those who are fluent in English  here in Basel with common interests. We enjoy hiking, live music, food, and yoga. If anyone can recommend a few good yoga studios and hiking trails in and around basel, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Hi  claire82,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to post an advert in the Yoga classes in Basel section, this can help you find such classes. :)

Thank you,

David.

Thanks! :)

Hi Claire82,

I am staying for 2 month this summer in Basel and Grenzach Wyhlen. I'm looking to connect with English speaking expat living in the area and would like to hear about all the great yoga studios you came across, I teach yoga and pilates in Chicago and when I travel I always love to explore and find new studios.

Looking forward.
Nia

best yoga place in Basel (all classes in English!) is the Looking Glass in Feldberg Strasse, check it out and see you there maybe :-)

Hi Claire82,

There's a spectacular view I can recommend hiking up a big hill to see....

Get a number 32 bus (hopefully thats the right number) from Claraplatz towards Friedhof am Hornli and get off at Otto wenk platz. From there you can get a bus up to Bettingen, or walk it...but it's mostly a windy road up to Bettingen....

Then from Bettingen, hike up to the Fernsehturm St. Chrischona tower. There is a wonderful Restaurant Waldrain to get some food and enjoy the view. If you hike further along the path from St. Chrischona tower you enter into a forest and the border of Germany

Maybe one day we will meet each other there

Enjoy :)