Need Advice

Hi Everyone.

Its been four months since i have joined a company. At the time of joining, I have submitted my passport & iqama with them for the transfer and profession change. But till now they are saying that the documents are in process for the transfer in jawazat.

Now they have told me that they are going to charge the profession change & Transfer fee & from my salary. That is going to be 4500 SR. They have not told me this before. I am also not happy with the state of the other affairs of the company.

Recently i have been offered another job in a multinational company, they have given me a notice period of one month for the joining.

I just want know whether it's possible for me to take my Passport and iqama from the current company, How ? What Options do i have. I am sure they are not going to give it to me easily.

salah13 wrote:

Hi Everyone.

Its been four months since i have joined a company. At the time of joining, I have submitted my passport & iqama with them for the transfer and profession change. But till now they are saying that the documents are in process for the transfer in jawazat.

Now they have told me that they are going to charge the profession change & Transfer fee & from my salary. That is going to be 4500 SR. They have not told me this before. I am also not happy with the state of the other affairs of the company.

Recently i have been offered another job in a multinational company, they have given me a notice period of one month for the joining.

I just want know whether it's possible for me to take my Passport and iqama from the current company, How ? What Options do i have. I am sure they are not going to give it to me easily.

Check the status of your Iqama on the MOI website. If you are not under this firm's sponsorship, request them to hand you over your passport and Iqama and resign.

If the sponsorship has been transferred, you got to be very careful as they can make you leave the country.

G'luck.

:one on what @sh3hryar said.

They can make me leave even if i am on my own visa? Is there no other way to take protection from these cheater companies?

I have checked the status but it is showing only green status. Neither the current employer name nor the previous Sponsor's name, from whom i got release four months ago.

Can you check it for me, i will PM my iqama number.

Hi Salah13,
I may be coming to Dammam to take up employment. It is a real unknown territory for me, and I could do with any advice available as regards Visas, and 'cheater companies' as referred to in a previous posting.
The company have been trying to get me there since April, and now it looks like I will be going for a week long meeting with them under a Business Visa later this month.
Any tips what I should be careful of?
Many thanks
Frasermac

salah13 wrote:

They can make me leave even if i am on my own visa? Is there no other way to take protection from these cheater companies?

I have checked the status but it is showing only green status. Neither the current employer name nor the previous Sponsor's name, from whom i got release four months ago.

Can you check it for me, i will PM my iqama number.

Sadly, yes! They can make you leave the country as long as you are under their sponsorship.

You need to confirm with your employer if the iqama has been transferred. If is hasn't, make an excuse, tell'em you will not be able to pay the amount in question and hence will not like to pursue the job with them.

If the sponsorship has been transferred your best shot will be to request them to cut a pre-agreed amount monthly from your salary to ease your burden.

Hope this helps.

sh3hryar wrote:

Sadly, yes! They can make you leave the country as long as you are under their sponsorship.

Per Saudi labor law, they can't make you leave the country if you didn't come to KSA on THEIR visa. You're a locally hired resource. Nevertheless, they have so many of options. For example, they can blame you of some theft and process the final exit.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

Per Saudi labor law, they can't make you leave the country if you didn't come to KSA on THEIR visa. You're a locally hired resource. Nevertheless, they have so many of options. For example, they can blame you of some theft and process the final exit.

Never knew this.. thanks for the info

Ok guys thanks for the input, but at the same time i can be facing another problem.

My previous kafeel from whome i got my release four months ago when joing this company, is not willing to give me release papers for the 2nd time now.

I had issues with him when i was getting my release from him and now he wants to settle the score with me.

Where will i go with demand letter of the new company?  Any options do i have?

frasermac wrote:

Hi Salah13,
I may be coming to Dammam to take up employment. It is a real unknown territory for me, and I could do with any advice available as regards Visas, and 'cheater companies' as referred to in a previous posting.
The company have been trying to get me there since April, and now it looks like I will be going for a week long meeting with them under a Business Visa later this month.
Any tips what I should be careful of?
Many thanks
Frasermac

i suggest you start a new thread on the topic, there are people who are aware of the laws of the kingdom. I am sure They will guide you better on the matter. I myself is a newcomer here and for that reason seeking their advice.

salah13 wrote:

Ok guys thanks for the input, but at the same time i can be facing another problem.

My previous kafeel from whome i got my release four months ago when joing this company, is not willing to give me release papers for the 2nd time now.

I had issues with him when i was getting my release from him and now he wants to settle the score with me.

Where will i go with demand letter of the new company?  Any options do i have?

Which Nitaqat color did your old sponsor's company fall in?

previous kafeel was in green when i was under his sponsor, i am sure he will still be in this catagory.

The company i am doing job with is also shoing green.

But interestingly, when i put my iqama no. it neither shows my previous kafeel nor the current company. only something written in arabic and a green colour bar. may be its under process of transfer that's why ? i dont know.

I forgot to tell that although my contract is for 2 years but as per my contract, I am on ONE year probabtion, i have joined in may 2013. Means its only been 4 months.

Can this help me taking my passport from them as i am still within the probation period ? Can this help me in getting out of it.

salah13 wrote:

I forgot to tell that although my contract is for 2 years but as per my contract, I am on ONE year probabtion, i have joined in may 2013. Means its only been 4 months.

Can this help me taking my passport from them as i am still within the probation period ? Can this help me in getting out of it.

The probation period, per saudi labor law, can't exceed ninety days. This itself is a violation. I don't know if it goes in your favor or against :unsure

Edit: a typo removed

Wow, what am i into.

But can an employee demand his passport and leave with 3 months if he is not happy?

also my query is still unsolved regarding my status if the previous kafeel do not give me another release paper, as i have discussed in the previous post on this thread.

Article 53
If the worker is subject to a probation period, the same shall be expressly stated and clearly indicated in the work contract. Such probation period shall not exceed ninety days, exclusive of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha holidays and sick leaves. Each party shall have the right to terminate the contract during this period, unless the contract embodies a clause giving the right to terminate the contract to only one of them.

For green to green transfer, you DO need the first sponsor's consent. Now it's all electronic, your old sponsor must accept the electronic request sent to him.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Article 53
If the worker is subject to a probation period, the same shall be expressly stated and clearly indicated in the work contract. Such probation period shall not exceed ninety days, exclusive of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha holidays and sick leaves. Each party shall have the right to terminate the contract during this period, unless the contract embodies a clause giving the right to terminate the contract to only one of them.

For green to green transfer, you DO need the first sponsor's consent. Now it's all electronic, your old sponsor must accept the electronic request sent to him.

He has accepted the request with the first two weeks of my joining, but it took this much long.

Now i want to go to him again but he is not willing to give me release for the second time.

I believe your transfer process (to the new company) has completed. Did you get your iqama yet?

No, i didnt get my iqama yet. How can you be so sure.

It would have shown my iqama number against the new company then.

4 months is quite enough time. How can you say it hasn't been done?

I have checked online on that concerned website by putting my iqama number.

MOL site? That doesn't show the employer's name. In fact no publicly available portals do that (unless your old and new sponsor's companies' colors were different).

A detailed statement can be obtained from Jawazat through a Khitmaat office that will cost 50 SAR.

Okay thanks for that information.

Means my chances of exit from this company (not this country) will be less now if my transfer is complete.

What will you suggest me then ?

The lousy way in which your new company is asking money for sponsorship change etc, I see a little light that your transfer has actually not been done. So the first thing to do is to check your status.

If the transfer has not been done, you need to take bold actions and ask them of your intentions of not continuing with him. Resign! (There is a risk that they may complete the transfer and put you in trouble.)

Check with the new (multinational) company if a new visa will be available. I hope they have.

Okay thanks,

But just for a second, if my transfer is not complete and they give me my passport. Where will i go with the demand letter of the new company if my previous kafeel is not giving me release for the 2nd time?

That's not a very hard nut to crack. Try to let someone from your future company talk to him or look for a saudi gentleman to help you pacify him. That's how troubles are pulled off here bro.

All the Best! Do keep us posted.

Okay Thank you All.

I will keep you updated.

Even i have the same problem :) 2 months before i changed my kafala to a small company..Its not a company actually. I thought its a good company. But its NOT. there are only 5 person working there. In that 5, two are managers. Actually they are controlling the office and making money. Saudi guy  has not contact with that. I want to go out from this office. But i am sure they will not give me release. also when i join they said, they will give me contract or agreement. But they didnot give me. Some people say , they will make me to leave this country, if i ask  them release. But they are not my 1st kafeel. I am confused. Please help me.:(

systematic786 wrote:

Even i have the same problem :) 2 months before i changed my kafala to a small company..Its not a company actually. I thought its a good company. But its NOT. there are only 5 person working there. In that 5, two are managers. Actually they are controlling the office and making money. Saudi guy  has not contact with that. I want to go out from this office. But i am sure they will not give me release. also when i join they said, they will give me contract or agreement. But they didnot give me. Some people say , they will make me to leave this country, if i ask  them release. But they are not my 1st kafeel. I am confused. Please help me.:(

On a lighter note, i see some problem in the 4th june as we also share the same birthday:|

salah13 wrote:

On a lighter note, i see some problem in the 4th june as we also share the same birthday:|

:lol: You reminded me of a short story:

A tourist met a Spanish peasant and his wife on a train. They had never seen bananas before, so he offered one to each of them. As the farmer bit into his, the train entered a tunnel. 'Don't eat it, Carmen,' he shouted, 'They make you blind'.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
salah13 wrote:

:lol: You reminded me of a short story:

A tourist met a Spanish peasant and his wife on a train. They had never seen bananas before, so he offered one to each of them. As the farmer bit into his, the train entered a tunnel. 'Don't eat it, Carmen,' he shouted, 'They make you blind'.

lolzz, but there is something in the date.