Bus planner

I'm sure I saw somewhere bus planner for arriva bus where I put start destination and end destinatio and got all info where to switch buses but cant find it now. Anyone has some similar link?

I need to go from sliema to birkirkara and swieqi to birkirkara

Go to Arriva Malta portal or use Google maps as it is interactive on Malta/Gozo for Arriva buses.

As remik said, you'll find it on the home page for Arriva HERE.

It seems they have changed now. But just below the map that you will find on the main page, there is a brown box with to tabs on the top (Search and Route Search), and you will just need to type the where from and where and hit search.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1194/zu8g.png

thats it - thx m8

not related to the topic but I dont want to open another one ;)

is there any control in the bus regarding the tickets?
for instance if my friend who is a maltese buys me a cheaper ticket, who controls me that I do own a ID card? only the bus driver can ask me for showing or anyone else?

An inspector could board and ask for ticket and proof of residence. You may be fined, thrown off or both.
It's cheating so why think of doing it?

redmik wrote:

An inspector could board and ask for ticket and proof of residence. You may be fined, thrown off or both.

I know it's cheating, but it's also cheating that I have to pay 156e for 13 weeks couse I dont have a ID car and id card holder get 90 days (almost 13 weeks) for 72e

I just wanted to check ;)

Duxx wrote:

I know it's cheating, but it's also cheating that I have to pay 156e for 13 weeks couse I dont have a ID car and id card holder get 90 days (almost 13 weeks) for 72e

Oh dear!
Have you applied?

Now there are a lot of inspectors in the buses. Last week I used bus every day and every day I was checked with my ticket, literally.

But to be honest, they never check the ID if you look like maltese :)

ah, I'm still to white looking to pass as a Maltese :D

@redmik

waiting to sign my rent contract + work contract and then I'm applying ;)

Duxx wrote:
redmik wrote:

It's not worth on doing it mate! I have been here for nearly 6 months and I have always paid €2.60 for day ticket, coz normally the bus drive asks you if you have ID or not and I always said no. Only once I was given a ticket with resident rates and I did not bother to tell I didn't have an ID. So basically, I sat on the bus and after few stops the inspector came and asked me for my ID, and guess what, I did not have it :D
He said that I had to pay a €10 fine. After some explanation and negotiation and was lucky not to pay the fine. I kind off leaned the hard way and now when the bus driver tries to give me a resident ticket, I always say I do no have an ID card :)

Just in case you haven't worked out how to get to Birkikara...

Depending on where in Gizra the flat is, you can either walk down to the Sliema front and catch a bus to Valletta 12, 13, 15 and probably others) or if you are the other side you can catch a bus to Valletta (21 and 22 I think.)

Then you would need to change at Msida, the stop is called College. You cros the road and catch a bus from outside the Pazzitzi (can't spell it!) shop.

Depending on where you are working in Birkikara (main town or bypass) you can catch a 41,43,44,45 or a 31 for the bypass.

Hope this helps

its not worth the effort and saving - the inspectors are catching up.... albeit sometimes unfairly

toonarmy9752 wrote:

its not worth the effort and saving - the inspectors are catching up.... albeit sometimes unfairly

hows that then toon?

MikeInPoulton wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

hows that then toon?

it was all discussed on an earlier discussion Mike - which got removed - i dont think we can talk about it as it may be considered liablous - suffice to say some inspectors werent acting fairly to those of different colour.

toonarmy9752 wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

hows that then toon?

it was all discussed on an earlier discussion Mike - which got removed - i dont think we can talk about it as it may be considered liablous - suffice to say some inspectors werent acting fairly to those of different colour.

Gotcha!...........thanks

your welcome.

or as i took the test and am deemed to be 45% german

welkommen

toonarmy9752 wrote:

your welcome.

or as i took the test and am deemed to be 45% german

welkommen

I took the test too.......

turns out I'm 30% German, 40% English, 50% Irish and 10% stupid

Oh!........bus routes - good idea (got to stay on topic these days).

That thread was reinstated after I expressed my view that it was too important to remove and that the use of the word 'alleged' protected everyone.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=297131

WAS IT MUST VE MISSED IT.....