Day time gathering

hey friends

interested in day time gathering?
afternoon tea/coffee meetup in jakarta.

i d like to organise one in early september. it d be somewhere convenient n easy access in town.

if ur interested reply with your location so i can pick a spot where its convenient for most peeps.

#####################
Update

Hey folks

i've been busy for while.

ok let's get this gathering on.

Let's make it on 13 October 2013 Sunday
3pm.

It's at J CO  Coffee Cafe at Ciputra Mall (Ground Floor) next to Ciputra Hotel.

Google map it to find the exact spot.

If ur coming from the south just take the toll road heading north towards central park. Ciputra mall is just aftet it.

Let's summarize:

EVENT: Day Time Expat Gathering

DATE: 13 Oct 2013 Sunday

TIME: 3 PM

VENUE: J CO Coffee  at Ciputra Mall

For those who are coming, pm me and i'l send u my number so u can contact me when u arrive.

See u all there :)

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Expat-Blog!

I'd like to join if it's on weekends :D
Maybe you could mix the gathering with fun activity like bowling, etc.
Re: venue, i don't mind where it's gonna be, as long as still in Jkt.

Well, keep me posted!

Thanks.

Hi icha,
I don't like bowling actually, but if there some wine in that place, it will be great...

I like jazzy music like Mile Davis song,
so maybe we can meet in cafe that has live mini jazzy...

Hi alex. Im keen to do meet ups.
Im located at jaksel.
Do keep me inform if you guys catch up
Thanks!

Hi all,

This is a nice idea, an afternoon gathering :cool:
will join in, if the schedule fits me.

-Dewi-

some good suggestions above.

keep the replies coming in friends :)

ichaa wrote:

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Expat-Blog!

I'd like to join if it's on weekends :D
Maybe you could mix the gathering with fun activity like bowling, etc.
Re: venue, i don't mind where it's gonna be, as long as still in Jkt.

Well, keep me posted!

Thanks.

As Ichaaa said here, weekend is perfect for afternoon tea or coffee gathering. During wekdays, I usually finished around 6 or 7, and about an hour to reach the meeting point.
But let me know if this works out, who knows on that day I am "sick" and take a day off. lol

Cheers guys!

Pangki Sudirjo wrote:

Hi icha,
I don't like bowling actually, but if there some wine in that place, it will be great...

I like jazzy music like Mile Davis song,
so maybe we can meet in cafe that has live mini jazzy...

Well, tho I like bowling, but it was only a suggestion. I'm open to any fun activities.

Awaiting updates from Alex :cool:

for those who are totally new and looking for transport info here  r some tips:

- its best to travel by taxis. 2 reputable taxis are blue bird taxis and express taxis.
you can book both taxis by phone n ask them to come to ur hotel or home address.
blue bird 021 7981001
express 021 5761313
for blue bird taxi there is an android app. its easier to call though.

- always ask the driver to use the meter. say something like 'pakai meter ya'

- if u travel some distance and want to avoid the jams ask driver to go by the toll road. say 'bisa lewat toll'
note that there is a 5000 to 7000 rupiah cost of using the toll road.

- always keep your money in small change. best to have 10000 / 5000 / 2000 notes. because most times the driver wont have any change.

- u may come across times when the driver may not know the way. best to use your google map on smart phone and ensure you turn on wifi n gps to get the most accurate gps location.
for best net simcard get a simpati prepaid card and topup to rp 100,000. a good net connection costs about 60,000.

- if both of u r really lost ask driver to go to the nearest mall and then from the mall u can get a Bajai thise 3 wheeler mini scooters which can fit 2 passengers. the bajai drivers are mire knowledgable when it comes to travelling in the small loxal back streets. the average price for a bajai short distance ride is 10,000. dont get ripped off by being confident and not looking lost.

- its not expensive to travel by taxi. but if u want to travel way cheaper go by busway. i will write about busway in later posts.

in meantime invite more friends to come along for this coffee expat meetup.

That's true, but bajaj is something that I wouldn't recommend as it is very noisy ( it hurts my eardrums, I mean I like loud music but this kind of noise is not an instrumental kind) LOL. I'd like to add another transportation: angkot (mini van) is a nice option too,but I don't think there are many of them are available in all malls. Angkot is a small van,so if you are tall you won't be comfortable. If you all feeling adventurous in getting to know jakarta, I suggest it is much safer if you travel with someone :)

...or take the KRL Commuter a.k.a train :D

Hello there!
Would be keen to join. I live right next to Grand Indonesia/Plaza Indonesia. I am flexible with whatever the group would like to do. I like exploring the local culture and havent been for one of the famous puppet performances yet and would love to go for tht!

Leela

Hi Leela

There is a puppet museum in Kota Tua open till 3 pm where they have regular puppet shows

I went on a Saturday morning when it was quiet and they let me play with their big gongs :)

how about having fun in Makassar?

I'm up for it! Why not arrange one next month? Sunday is always good since no traffic. We can do activities like lunch , bowling , karaoke, games etc.

Oh and swimming too!
There are some restaurants with swimming pool around Jakarta, wouldnt that be different?

Live jazz, swimming, coffee... these sound like excellent suggestions to me. Count me in!  I'm near Kemang Village/Lippo Mall, but happy to travel around.

andrewroberts wrote:

Live jazz, swimming, coffee... these sound like excellent suggestions to me. Count me in!  I'm near Kemang Village/Lippo Mall, but happy to travel around.

hey Andrew, youre here already?! nice!
welcome to Indonesia :)

Just moved to Jakarta so obviously I'd love to join to make some new friends :) I'm up to everything and anything!

lukas_pol wrote:

Just moved to Jakarta so obviously I'd love to join to make some new friends :) I'm up to everything and anything!

helo helo Lukas!
welcome to Indonesia :)
sure, will update you for next gathering and i believe its sometime soon.
enjoy Jakarta!

cheers,
sherly

@sherylim: I am indeed =) I have had a bit of a whirlwind arrival, so am currently trying to get my life in order so I can move into my apartment!

@lukas_pol: welcome!

Hey folks

i've been busy for while.

ok let's get this gathering on.

Let's make it on 13 October 2013, Sunday 3 pm.

It's at J CO  Coffee Cafe at Ciputra Mall (Ground Floor) next to Ciputra Hotel.

Google map it to find the exact spot.

If ur coming from the south just take the toll road heading north towards central park. Ciputra mall is just aftet it.

Let's summarize:

DATE: 13 Oct 2013 Sunday

VENUE: J CO Coffee  at Ciputra Mall

For those who are coming, pm me and i'l send u my number so u can contact me when u arrive.

See u all there :)

Ah well, I will be away during that time.
Hope you guys will enjoy the gathering!

Cheers!

Most likely I will be there :-)

Sorry, I will be away that weekend

Hope you have a nice gathering

sounds great,,, :-)

hope you have a great gathering..

i am in :)

3 people are in. This is good :-)

will let you all know :-D, thanks for the invite :top:

-Dewi-

hey folks

any suggestions of where to go after the day gathering r most welcome?

alexjkt wrote:

hey folks

any suggestions of where to go after the day gathering r most welcome?

Isnt it at 3 PM? I dont think we'd want to stay out till dinner time... atleast not me.
If you're thinking about a meal together too, meeting for lunch then coffee after is probably better..

yes its at 3pm.

FYI for those who want to stay on for dinner there r various restos on the 4th floor of the mall.

How about to meet in Epicentrum Walk? Near from bowling, billiard, karaoke, movie theatre, and a lot of cafe right there :D

I'll be in Tamrin - Jakarta in 20 - 22 oct 2013
hope we can meet there

Hi all

4 more days to the gathering.

Msg me to get my numer and also msg me ur number

Hello alex,,I'm in,,, :)

ok vie see u there msg me.

DATE: 13 Oct 2013 This coming Sunday
VENUE: J CO Coffee at Ciputra
Mall

Tmr is tha gathering. I will list it here again for new people to know:-

DATE: 13 Oct 2013 This coming
Sunday
VENUE: J CO Coffee at Ciputra
Mall

Ciputra mall is located in Grogol slightly north of Central Park.
If travelling by Busway drop at Grogol station.

FRIENDS GOING:
- Tia
- vie
- sophie
- khatulistiwa
- ichaa

Anyone else wanna join feel free to just drop by the place.

See u all there tmr :)

My training is delayed to 29 - 31 oct
hope we can meet guys