Places to visit in Vung Tau

Hi,

For the ones living in Vung Tau, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Vung Tau, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Vung Tau?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Julie wrote:

Hi,

For the ones living in Vung Tau, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Vung Tau, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Vung Tau?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

This post sounds like an attempt to get people posting...well it worked.  I'll post.

There's a new "VEGAS" strip that just opened outside Vung Tau that caters to only foreigners as Vietnamese citizens are not allowed to gamble inside Vietnam.  It's called the HO TRAM strip.  If you miss the high-rolling life, you don't need to go to Cambodia; you can waste your money right here at home. 

However, if a life of decadence and squandering is not for you, I would suggest a half-day visit to a center that takes care of disabled people.  They could use a box of milk and your smiling face as the kids there don't get many visitors.  It's outside Vung Tau City in the province about the same distance as if you were to go to the "Vegas" Strip and I would be honored to personally guide you for a visit.

Some famous palces in vung tau city: Sakyamuni status, kito status, villa lanche, thang tam temple, linh son pagoda, long son islet, swimming at thuy van beach…
To travel to vung tau, you can go by bus, motobike
The hotels at thuy van street are nice, near beach: thuy van, sammy, my le, intourco resort, dic star, capsaint, van anh…

[Moderated: avoid posting your personal details pls]

Take the cable car up the hill, there is an entertainment centre with movies and fun sports and pony rides, thrilling cable slides and mini f1 race cars. Also some animals scattered over the place. Or else climb 1000 over steps to reach top of statue of Christ which overlooks the entire city. Beaches are okay but winds are very powerful too.