Vũng Tàu Beaches

There are many small beaches around the perimeter of the island/peninsula, but the two main beaches are known as "Back Beach" (Bãi Sau)--a long straight open ocean beach--and "Front Beach" (Bãi Trước)--a shorter curved beach somewhat protected in a semi-cove:

YouTube video of Front Beach

Google Maps link to Front Beach

YouTube video of Back Beach

Google Maps link to Back Beach

Both beaches are subject to being partially or fully submerged at high tide, with well-constructed sea walls having steps down to the sand and spacious areas for walking between the street and the beach.

Freshwater showers are scattered along the coastline, even at some other smaller beaches.

The area around Front Beach could be said to be more friendly to Western tourists, with hotels such as the Mương Thanh located there.

However, local Vietnamese people appear to prefer the swimming waters at Front Beach in the somewhat protected cove

In general it seems that Back Beach draws more Vietnamese tourists, and the surrounding lodgings and restaurants are more geared to Vietnamese tastes.

It seems that more affordable housing for Western expats is available within easy walking distance of Back Beach.

Anyone feel free to correct my descriptions or assessments.

I'm just one myopic foreigner 😉

Also, if you have a favorite smaller beach, this might serve as a good thread where we can share our discoveries with each other.

The two times I've been to Vung Tau, I've swam in that abandoned resort with its own private beach. There's a bit more rubbish but I prefer less crowded places. It's technically private land but up and down the coast are plenty of abandoned resorts you can go into and have a swim without the crowds.

phikachu wrote:

The two times I've been to Vung Tau, I've swam in that abandoned resort with its own private beach. There's a bit more rubbish but I prefer less crowded places. It's technically private land but up and down the coast are plenty of abandoned resorts you can go into and have a swim without the crowds.

Are you talking about Chi Linh Tourist Village, just next to Pacific Resort?

Hi everyone,

Please note that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

There are many small beaches around the perimeter of the island/peninsula, but the two main beaches are known as "Back Beach" (Bãi Sau)--a long straight open ocean beach--and "Front Beach" (Bãi Trước)--a shorter curved beach somewhat protected in a semi-cove:

Both beaches are subject to being partially or fully submerged at high tide, with well-constructed sea walls having steps down to the sand and spacious areas for walking between the street and the beach.

Freshwater showers are scattered along the coastline, even at some other smaller beaches.

The area around Front Beach could be said to be more friendly to Western tourists, with hotels such as the Mương Thanh located there.

However, local Vietnamese people appear to prefer the swimming waters at Front Beach in the somewhat protected cove

In general it seems that Back Beach draws more Vietnamese tourists, and the surrounding lodgings and restaurants are more geared to Vietnamese tastes.

It seems that more affordable housing for Western expats is available within easy walking distance of Back Beach.

Which beach do all the hot chicks hang out at?  :cool:

Still looking after 5 years...  :/

TIA   :top:

johnross23 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

YouTube video of Front Beach

Google Maps link to Front Beach

YouTube video of Back Beach

Google Maps link to Back Beach

Anyone feel free to correct my descriptions or assessments.

I'm just one myopic foreigner 😉

Also, if you have a favorite smaller beach, this might serve as a good thread where we can share our discoveries with each other.

Which beach do all the hot chicks hang out at?  :cool:

Still looking after 5 years...  :/

TIA   :top:

Maybe there are hot chicks at the beaches here, but who would know?

They are all wearing protective clothing

https://imgshare.io/image/Qh3qK

It's this one.

My girlfriend and I are people who like to avoid the crowds. It might not be the prettiest stretch but you'll have it all to yourself.

There's a few empty abandoned places that have beaches that they were trying to fence off to the public in da nang. You have to trespass a bit to  reach them.

phikachu wrote:

*broken link*

It's this one.

My girlfriend and I are people who like to avoid the crowds. It might not be the prettiest stretch but you'll have it all to yourself.

There's a few empty abandoned places that have beaches that they were trying to fence off to the public in da nang. You have to trespass a bit to  reach them.

Maybe you have a Google Maps link?

I posted a screenshot of google maps instead the the link.

How thick is that?

Bãi Vọng Nguyệt
Phường 2, Thành phố Vũng Tầu, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Vietnam
https://goo.gl/maps/ZMsQcGBzemQ78G2n9

phikachu wrote:

I posted a screenshot of google maps instead the the link.

How thick is that?

Bãi Vọng Nguyệt
Phường 2, Thành phố Vũng Tầu, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Vietnam
https://goo.gl/maps/ZMsQcGBzemQ78G2n9

Oh yeah!

I've been taking my morning walk past that area lately, and I saw some promising little beaches down below from my safe view up on the cliff.

That area reminds me of favorite spots back home on Point Loma and at Torrey Pines.

There is a beach down there. They tried to build a restaurant/resort and fenced it off but you can drive down the road, park up and there are steps down to the beach.

The nicest beach in da nang is blocked off to everyone but intercontinental hotel guests. I wonder if they can stop you pulling up on a jetski/boat.

Can they legally stop you from going on a fenced off beach here?