Places to visit in Manchester

Hi,

For the ones living in Manchester, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Manchester, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Manchester?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

A little known gem in the city centre is Afflecks palace, you can pick up some really good items that are very individual, also check out the free museums and gallerys. Linky - http://www.afflecks.com/

You should leave the city and go to the Lake District :) You won't regret it!

+1 for Afflecks!

Hiya Julie,

If you were looking for an "out-doorsie" kind of day - then Hollingworth Lake at Littleborough is a lovely day out from Manchester. The walk around the man made lake is lovely, and the surrounding hills hide a treasure trove of fantastic Inns that serve food to satisfy the hearty appetite or the more delicate "soup and a roll" nibbler.

I live in Littleborough and would be more than happy to recommend places to eat and some lovely walks.

Drop me a line. x

Thank you Mick H,

I live just North of Manchester and had forgotten all about Afflecks......thank you for the reminder - guess where I am off to this Saturday. :lol: