Which Manchester Club Do You Support? United or City

It seems everyone is a football fan and the two biggest clubs in the city are Manchester United and Manchester City. Which club do you support?

I've never been a football fan, but if I was I'd support Chelsea or a smaller club.

Neither, I am not a football fan. I'm more of a fan of Rugby and the 6 nations. With that, I am a fan of Wales.

I like Manchester.

menabug1968 wrote:

I like Manchester.

But which one? United or City?  :unsure

None of them - wrong side of the hill.

I have to say, if I went back to my roots I'd be a Plymouth Argyle supporter. My brother used to arrange the coaches for the away games when he was going through his skinhead phase.

For a very long time I just have always thought if Manchester United as a business and that's it. I preferred Man Utd in the days of Bobby Charlton, George Best, Dennis Law etc and for many years afterwards they were a truly brilliant club. Now it's all business.

Going back to my youth in the 60's, I used to go and watch Fulham; they were on the right side of the River Thames for us North London boys.  They were a 1st Division side in those days before the Premier League and we regularly watched them play the Manchester clubs.  The highlight of the year was always the Boxing Day match against Chelsea.  Back in those days it was religious ethnicity more than colour that decided what team you supported.

Going on many years, when I lived in Berlin I used to go and watch Hertha BSC, we used to live very close to the Olympic Stadium that was their home (and we got free tickets).

United is leading City 2-0 at the moment. I am surprised to see the scoreline.