Coming.Know nothing of Manchester but my beloved J.Division.Hate oasis

Im here!
The only thing i know of, is one of my favorite Manchester bands ever existed.
Joy Division.
Yet i dislike the ever hateful Oasis. New Order too despite their previous Joy Division era. Got a damn good reason for that.
Surely the buzzcocks, the fall, Morrisey but preferred the Smiths.
Another thing also. Im a Liverpool fan! Heeh!

So how's things over there?
Any suggestions?

A Liverpool fan.... Here in Manchester! Your brave/daft! Haha
Welcome! :D

Nah...
How about the music?
Mcr was kinda legacy of alternative idealistic bands and artists. All that is gone now.
You see how NEW ORDER guys (the band) have become?(ok, i forgot the female member). Total losers. Like Galagher of OASIS. Clown.
What a shame. Making real fool of themselves.

Pay now 25 quid to see the Buzzcocks at the Apollo.
And this is the cheapest price for a well known group...

You never mentioned the stone roses........
just maybe the best band ever....and what about James,Ting Tings and Elbow?Inspiral carpets,Barclay James Harvest and the Hollies?The last two bands for us old people ha ha

met Noel Gallagher once,nice guy-Liam is a knob!

Oasis? Overrated clowns. Nothing more to say for people like them.

Stone roses?
I never liked them. James were more sympathetic, the Inspiral Carpets and the Verve too.
But again nothing very special regarding them.

Barclay James Harvest? Remember a couple of nice anthems by them. "Imaginary lover" for example.
The Var Der Graff Generator were far more interesting especially when Peter Hammil came along.

The Hollies? Thought they were from America! Like the Bee Gees.
Same goes for Herman's Hermits! Surprises me they are from Mcr!

Puressence. Nice band.
They have some great tracks like "I suppose" and "India".

You see I know a lot about Mcr scene despite I had nothing to do with Mcr.
But again today's youth listens to some RnB bullsh#t.

There were some really great projects each one for different reasons. Some of them, still around. Authentic is the word.

1) Magazine
2) Chameleons
3) Durutti Column
4) Theatre of Hate
5) Chemical Brothers
6) Future Sound of London

Yeah,the Bee Gees grew up in Manchester before moving to OZ.Robin bought the house they used to live in in Kepple rd ,chorlton.You already mentioned the Buzzcocks,a great punk band,M people of course ,the M standing for Manchester....A guy called Gerald,Joe Roberts,Melanie and dub dub.....John Mayall of the famous Bluesbreakers,Graham Nash from Crosby Stills Nash and Young.Freddie and the dreamers,Wayne Fontana and the mindbenders...Sad Cafe(stockport)10cc(stocport again)and how on earth could we forget The Happy Mondays.......

that was a fun read!

nice bit of banter,
-though panosanest: KEEP IT SWEET :D

Hi blissgirl,

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

I invite you to participate and share your experiences in the other discussions on the Manchester forum.

Thank you :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Relocated to London. Goodbye Manchester. Bad Memories though.
And Bigotry. Plenty.