Sport live in Israel

Hi, I'm a Spanish guy living in Haifa for nearly a year now, came to Israel due to work.

I would like to know if there are any websites, associations or any kind of information about running competitions (5Km, 10Km, half marathon, marathon, etc...)?

It would be great to know other people who are into Sports (running, mountain bike, extreme, etc (even kite surf which I hope to take the course soon), so hope to hear from you.

Regards/Saludos,
Sergio.

Hi Sergio,

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

I hope you get a reply to your post with some feedback :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Israel is a sporting paradise. The Tel Aviv Marathon is every spring. There are rowing clubs all over the country. Football, baseball, basketball are very popular. There are plenty of hills and mountains for climbing, hiking, biking. If nothing else, you can always find a matkot game at pretty well any beach.

Hi, thanks for the info.
I am aware of the Tel Aviv Marathon, looking forward to doing that. Do you know any website with more frequent/shorter running races? In Spain you can find a 5 to 15km race every weekend. Just medium to small events to encourage people.

I am still finding it difficult to find the sporting paradise, brought my mtb and have given it a go at some mountains also.
I am sure its just a matter of knowing where to find all these events.

Thanks for your help