Looking to rent for a year or more

Hello
I'm  a Canadian in a wheelchair and i'm hoping to move to your lovely country.
So i would like to rent for long term 1 year or more,
a 2 bedroom villa/apartment/house or cottage.
In the country or any city is fine, but must be Wheelchair friendly.
With a patio. I would like the place to be furnished .
I'm hopping to be able to be there by Sept 15, 2013, if i can find
something or i can wait till end of September if that is a better time to come.
I need doors at least 26 inches wide.
I do have cats but can leave them in Canada.

Thank you
Johnny Taylor
128 King Street
Woodville,Ontario
Canada K0M 2T0
01-705-934-9651 Mobile

Hi Johnny and welcome aboard !

I invite you to post in the housing in Portugal section, it may help ;)

I wish you a fantastic day,

Julien

Hello Johnny,

I am sorry before reaching the lift there's 3 steps so that is not good for you.
I must advise you Portugal is not very wheelchair friendly which is a stupid thing that needs to be changed.
Do you know the free space you need to pass by a door in centimeters? Maybe it is best to advise using the metric system.
Wish all the best.

Kind regards,
Sofia

hi i'm Dean and i live in portugal,i also work for an estate agent your better off waiting till the end of sept then you will have more choice for us to choose from for you as at the moment people are renting for holidays more but as the year goes on they start thinking of long term lets but i would be glad to keep my eyes open for you what sort of price you looking to spend

yeah that would be great,,,Thanks a lot

26 inches would be 66.04 cm. Go with 67 and you should have no problems. I note too that Portugal is not very wheelchair friendly. That said, there are areas that will be better than others. Lisbon is pretty vertical as are many locations. streets are cobblestone style and rough in many places. Down south in the Algarve or coastal Alentejo, you will find things somewhat more consistently flat... Good luck

Hi
A lot of the holiday sites show wheelchair friendly properties.  Am sure that there will be some who are willing to rent for a year.