Moving to Denmark in June

I got married 3 weeks ago to the most incredible man on the planet....and will be moving to Denmark in June. (I am a high school principal in Texas and must finish out my contract so that is why I am staying in the states for 6 months).

Why Denmark? He is Danish ....  I have lived in Texas for all 37 years of my life and we talked about what was best-- him moving here or me moving there....
And I made the choice that because I need to understand the Danish culture and customs...as well as master the language, it is most important for me to move there--at least for the first few years of our life together.

I am looking for a network of support-- I am so excited about my new life in Jutland but know that once I board that plane and physically leave my family and friends all behind, I am going to need lots of support. Of course, he and his family are aware of that and are ready to help me through it...but I need people who have experienced this as well-- who can help me remember that it's going to be ok.....

I am looking forward to being on here and getting to know some of you who have lived my experience...

Hi Knorgård,

I have been living in Denmark for almost two years now since I am a student here and that my boyfriend is also Danish (we are registered partners like a marriage). Unfortunately, i don't really have many "happy" experience to share with, but you are welcomed to contact me if you want to know more.

Eva :)

Salut !

J'aimerais savoir si quelqu'un est déjà parti en Angleterre en couple avec un enfant.
Comment cela peut se passer ? Surtout si on ne parle pas bien la langue.

Et sinon, j'aimerais en profiter pour discuter avec un français de l'Angleterre, mais en anglais, afin de me familiariser avec la langue.

Goddag,
I'm Alex, french, I will arrive in Danemark to work in Skanderborg, near Aarhus, for 1st Mars till October, but i really get problem to find accomodation, web site doesn't propose lot of flat and mostly you need  to paid for it...
I would like to ask some "tips" to find flat in Skanderborg or Aarhus from abroad, or if maybe you know someone who rent a flat?
Thank's in advance
Alex