Finding a sponsor in the US?????

Help!!!!
Anybody have any fantastic ideas on how to find  companies etc that will sponsor a Brit to get back into the US?????
Keep hitting brick walls on this search!

Hello susiev51.

Your message has been moved to the USA forum for more visibility.

Hope you'll get some positive responses soon.

Thanks

Karen :)

Thank you very much Karen for doing that for me.
I'm not too sure, well, don't know how to find my way around this website as yet......so I'm grateful for your help

Warm wishes

Sue

what have you tried so far that is not working?

hello there,
I have applied and registered with many Agencies regarding my type of work and they all say the same thing...they do not assist in finding me a job WITH an employer who will sponsor me.
Its a Catch 22 situation....I need a job to get an H1b visa. But cannot get a job unless I find an employer to sponsor me.....
I have lived in the US from 1985-2002 and had a Green Card, but due to my Mother's ill health and finally her passing ended up back in the UK for a lengthy period...GC expired!!!!!!!

yeah, agencies are probably not the most useful way to go. Have you tried contacting companies directly? Personal connections are a much more likely source for visa sponsorship jobs, unless you have extremely sought-after or rare qualifications. Perhaps someone from your previous time in the States can offer leads? Maybe you can find a local company with offices in the US who might hire you and eventually transfer you?

Unfortunately this experience is kind of like what Americans encounter when trying to move to the UK or many other countries. Given the hassle visa paperwork is, you've got to be all that much more interesting or useful to the company.

Thank you for getting back to me.
My line of work is as a Personal Housekeeper/Laundress/Cook...sad to say aside from the agencies there are no direct companies that I can apply to...as far as I know.
My pals that are still over there are keeping their ears open but its very difficult since 911.
As they say....''Where there is a Will there is a Way''
I'm determined not to give up yet!!!!
:))

It is very hard to come in the US. We are also searching for a sponsor ,but it is hard.

I am a  general builder and historic mason and think i registered myself  with every agency in usa , not 1 response :( in all the years.

the only way to come to the usa is with a ton of money or marry a american.

I know...its a nightmare.
I lived there for 17 yrs, bought a home, had the green card...but due to returning to the uk for a lengthy period of time with my mother' ill health and finally her passing...my green card became invalid.........
now I have been told I have to start from scratch!!!
I have my ss# till and yet they wont entertain me
VERY frustrating!!

I know .It is horrible trip and only when you have 500.000 dollar to invest ,you have a chance or marry one. But not even that give you a greencard. I know of a couple who are in this situation. he is not allowed to enter the us.

hello

My name is Ibrahim, I am from Algeria, and I have been selected to get a green card through the lottery program.  It is now required that visa recipients have a sponsor to help with the transition to life in USA.

Best to do a Google search for work