From Livorno to Lucca???

I'm considering a move from Livorno to Lucca. Is there anyone living in Lucca who can provide me with candid insight about life "inside the wall?"

Hi UnDolceVita,

Feel free to go through the discussion on the Tuscany forum and to participate :)

I'm sure you will soon get some feed back :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks.

Hi! I'm Italian but I speak English very well. I live "inside the walls" with my husband. What would you like to know about Lucca? I can tell you it's very diffent from Livorno!
I'll be very glad to answer all your questions and dubts.

Ciao. I have many questions! Is there culture and things to do, especially in the evening?  Music to listen to, maybe people to get to know?  How easy is it to meet people?  I enjoy all things Italian, but it is difficult to enjoy in Livorno; it is a very different city. How is the weather? Heavy and humid during the summer, cold and wet during winter?  Livorno is wonderful along the seaside, but there is not too much more than that.  I'm half Italian, found my grandparent's family in Chieti, want to continue living here, but want more than Livorno can offer.  I love Lucca!

Thank you so very, very much for response. I look forward to "talking" again.

Hello,

I'm an English woman living in Livorno and have tried to leave many times because I hate it! I've always come back for my job but this time I'm thinking of moving to Pisa and commuting.

I'd love to meet up....I have found it very difficult to make friends here.

Take care and hope your move to Lucca is becoming a reality.

Kate

Ciao Kate.
Sure, I'd love to meetup; sorry for the delayed response!
When are you available?
Patricia

Kate,are you still there?  I've responded; would love to get together with you.  Let me know.

Hi Kate,

I've been living just a few Km from the walls for a year now. Lovely area. Would love to meet other expats as I'm a single mother of a teenager who works a lot and don't have much time for attending events on my own. Love trekking and taking excursions (do you know the CAI organization?) around here and I know Liguria well. Drop me a line if you like and we can meet for a drink.
I came to Italy after nearly 30 years between UK and US.
Ciao,

Paola

Sorry, just realized you're UnDolceVita, not Kate!

Hi there,

Haven't been on the site recently. Am free most evenings or at weekends. Let's meet up if you're still here.

Kate

Hi Paola,

did you mean us to meet up aswell?

If so, let me know!

Thanks,

Kate

Sure, Kate. It would be fun. Weekends work best for me.:):)

Hi,

Problem is, I don't know how to contact people in private. Do I leave my phone number or what?

CB

Hi Max,

A couple of people want to meet up with me but I don't know how to get in touch in private with them. What do you do in this case? Just send a msg with your phone number?

Thanks,

K