Cost and living in Bahrain ?

I am offered a job in Bahrain. The salary negotiations are yet to start. I will like if, somebody can offer me advise on things to be negotiated and how much salary to be asked for.
i am an architect and i have 1 year experience How much I shall asked for as salary?
Also what is a descent salary to move there?

waiting for a prompt response :)

Hi ,
welcome to the forum , its really not as easy answer . however if you can have a look at Guide , it will give you very good idea about expanses , it will help you to decide.

Regards,
Akhil

Try www.numbeo.com for cost of living

Thanks stumpy,

I've heard of that website before. It really has some comprehensive list of information. And the best thing is, people can contribute to the website.

By the way, you've got one hell of an impressive collection of countries you've lived on. Are they really the ones you've lived on - or have you just visited those countries as a tourist?

hey they are offering me 400DH Please note that the salary is al inclusive (accommodation, transport, etc)is it ok or not

brightonguy wrote:

Thanks stumpy,

I've heard of that website before. It really has some comprehensive list of information. And the best thing is, people can contribute to the website.

By the way, you've got one hell of an impressive collection of countries you've lived on. Are they really the ones you've lived on - or have you just visited those countries as a tourist?

:offtopic: PM is more advisable

Yes 400 be is OK...

samarfida wrote:

hey they are offering me 400DH Please note that the salary is al inclusive (accommodation, transport, etc)is it ok or not

Hi Samarfida. It will be good if you can push for some more. Recently we had a discussion about salary and expense levels. Please take a look at it: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=283998

You will be able to manage on BD400 per month, but it may be difficult to save anything substantial. Since you have to pay for accommodation and transport, you should budget around BD 150 to 200 for both of these. Food you should be able to manage for about BD50 to 80 per month. (I assume you are single and will be using bachelor type accommodation and private taxis.)

Also did your potential employers tell you if medical costs are covered by the company or that they would provide medical insurance cover? Please clarify this matter since medical costs can sometimes be high here if you go to the private sector.

Best wishes.