Any Americans in Varna area?

Good day to all.
Have been living in Varna for about 15 months and have not yet met a single American. Is anyone hiding out here that feels like a chat or coffee?
Leah

Leah,

Not yet.....but in a few months I hope. :)

David

I would like to chat about your experiences so far.  If you have some time, please contact me at: [email protected]

VR,

David

Sent you an email, David.

Hello, Leah.

I'm the only American living in Burgas :-)  So I figure I might have an idea what it's like for you in Varna.

I've been here on an off since 2008, since last August continuously.  I came here with some Bulgarian friends back in 2008, people I'd met while working a software development contract in Atlanta.  I met lots of Bulgarian people, and I ended up marrying one!  I really can't explain it, not even to myself.

Anyway, my wife is a native of Varna, we often travel up there to visit her parents and her sister and old friends.  Maybe the next time we come up to Varna we could meet for coffee somewhere.

They do have a Starbucks or two in Varna :-)

I'm at [email protected]

Well I just got here a week ago and this is my second time here. I really enjoy Varna, I like the people and love the food! I will be here for sometime.

Will

nobody???? WOW

Hello there!
I wish i find my job in Varna and then I'll be another American there.
Question is - what are my chances?I visited Bulgaria 3 times
when purchasing some Real Estates there.But i didn't see
any american organizations or companies there.
How can i find out more about American Businesses in Bulgaria?
                                                 Thak you.

Vladislav wrote:

Hello there!
I wish i find my job in Varna and then I'll be another American there.
Question is - what are my chances?I visited Bulgaria 3 times
when purchasing some Real Estates there.But i didn't see
any american organizations or companies there.
How can i find out more about American Businesses in Bulgaria?
                                                 Thak you.

Suggest you contact AmCham (American Chamber of Commerce) in Sofia. They can give you the best information on the specific needs and wants of American goods in Bulgaria.

There are some Americans in Varna.

Unfortunately from the 21st there will be one less :(

One of my American friends is going back to the States.

There is an expat get together every three months in Varna where you can meet people from interesting places - from Trinidad and Tobogo to Chile, Belgium, England, Holland, France, Poland, Ukraine,Argentina to South Africa :lol:

Hello Lunastrahil!

This post dates one year.

Harmonie.

Yes I saw that this forum isn't very active but thought there might be people interested anyways.

Regards,
Luna

My husband and I are considering our move to Bulgaria. We are recent retirees. Our son and his family moved by the American company to Russia and we thought to be closer to them. Varna is much warmer then Moscow...
We live right now in SC , USA but in reality it is a suburb of Charlotte, NC USA
We thought that maybe there is an American expat club in Varna but from what I see here not really?

Julia

yulciak.Nice I hope you like it here :)

We hope so too. We will not have a language problem , most likely, as we are fluent in Russian and Ukrainian...considering Russian is our original language. Of cause it is quite a change at our age. But we always had international circle of friends around us.

Dear Leah,

I will be in Bulgaria this August. I have never traveled in Bulgaria but always wanted to retrace my Mother's trip to Sofia in the seventies. I am widowed and 56.

My interests are backpacking and ancient art. And I love to laugh and have fun.

I am willing to pay someone to guide me in the right directions.

I would love to hear any Local tales you have to tell and buy you dinner in exchange

And I am looking for same, cool friends.

Neal

Sent you a message Neal.

I am not an American, English living in Byala. Lived in Canada for 6 years. If that helps.
Tony.

Sorry for offtop. I'm searching for somebody English speaking in Varna, who could come 2 or 3 times a week to play with my children. They are 10 and 8 years old. And they don't speak English well.

Hello mamakenga, can you please start a new thread on the Varna forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

i can write the same :-)
I live in the district of Ruse almost two years and have not met even one person from Poland

Hi you guys.I'm trying to gather people who love football like me here in Varna and make a team maybe.Anyone is welcome no matter what your age or sport experience is.So I'll be waiting for you )

Just stumbled onto this post Leah!  Are you still in Varna?  I'm American too.

I too am looking for Americans in the Varna area who might be interested in teaching at a local American high school.  If interested, please write me:  ***
Regards,
Sue

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hello Sue,

No, I am stateside now, but thank you for the invitation. Will keep your contact information in the event I return, as I was in fact teaching English Lit and Grammar at The First English Language School in Varna.

LMB

Perfect.  I look forward to it.

Delvecchio - The Sports Expat Bar in Varna is `The 3 Lions', only a few minutes walk from the centre, but still a little hard to find without directions.

Whoops - Just noticed your post is about 2 years old, so you might not even still be around

Starbucks... in a place in the world that if they follow in Russian footsteps have actual proper coffee, not swill?  :)

We  are going to move to varna bulgaria next August. Would like to know if 2500 is enough money for monthly budget  thanks  Kevin

Hopefully next August will be two more Americans living in varna

2500 usd, eur or bgn ? for 2 people? with or without rent ?

That includes rent

2 people  us dollars

4000 bgn, this should be enough for 2 people even with the rent. Ofcourse, the lower the rent the better.

Thank you

We want to rent 60 to 70 cm apartment is 250.00 usd  enuff for utilities. To be warm in the winter and cool in the summer  thanks Kevin