Condo rental

Dear all

Hopefully in the final year at home (England) before I venture to the land of smiles and retire in Chiang Mai. I have been reading on here for many many months and have posted many topics. Many thanks to all who contribute as I have and will continue to learn a lot from this forum.

I am visiting this November for 2 months to view Condo's for my retirement hopefully end of 2014. When I was last in Chiang Mai I viewed Riverside which seemed lovely. I wish to stay in a Condo which has a balcony, pool and not too far from the old town (no more than approx 1 mile).

Suphanich Condo is one I am looking at on the internet near the railway station, has anyone got any advice on this Condo or any others I could view on my visit in November this year.

Many thanks

Howie

yes,I know some good condos near that area,you wish to stay a condo at that area ,I just wonder are you gonna buy or rent a condo?

I am hoping to rent, as this way if i find i am in the wrong condo/location I can change at the end of my initial period I have paid for. Eventually I may buy but that will be many years down the line.

Thank you

Howie

ok,if you want more info you can send me a private message

Things I wish I knew to look for before I started house hunting. 
How far is the nearest market?  How good is the nearest market?  How close is it to things I do with regularity, movies, restaurants, art, etc? 

I love my little row house north of the moat, the neighbors are great, location is good but we are sort out of the loop for what is going on at Chiang Mai U or the other colleges etc. and the nearest fresh market is so so.  Not terribly clean.

I know where this condo building is,it's across the train station. It is not the newest. And is in a side street of (and close to) a large and busy road (would be no problem at night though) Some owners have redecorated their apartments, but older buildings in general tend to be less-noise- and-neighbour-blocking.

I stayed in the Wat Ched Yod area, it's a student area with not many foreigners. For most tourists it is too far from the centre (unless they have a motorbike) Not easy with the songthaew (the red cars/taxis for 10-40 baht) as well. I liked it a lot, but I moved because I preferred a more quiter place in the 'suburbs'.

An other area which is close to Central Mall (huay keaw) is around Blind Massage School (Chang Phuak I believe) Very lively, a lot of students and also expats live there. Closer to everything. Good eateries, from cheap to cheaper, but also Western foods. Chok dee, naka.