Passports

Where does one get a passport copied prior to coming to CR?

Care to elaborate Jerry?
I scan my passport and take a paper copy of the scan and also the .pdf file that I created on my laptop with me.  Not sure if this is what you are asking?  I keep the scanned paper copy with the rented car while traveling.

Hi Terry, I guess that I am electronically challenged and don't have a scanner, can I make a copy from a copying machine and would that be acceptable?

FOR SURE!!!!
I just wasn't sure what you were asking.  That copy from a copying machine would be great.  If you are planning on driving make a copy for that and if you happen to lose your passport another copy will help greatly in recovering.  You can never have too many copies and that is why I keep the .pdf file on my laptop so that I have unlimited copies.  I make copies of everything (birth certificate, passport, drivers license, prescriptions, etc.)
Cheers .... Terry

Thanks, you answered my question Terry and appreciate it very much. We will be in CR for a tour of Grecia and Atenas and hope that by next year we will be living there.

Then we will see you next year :D
We start our house after rainy season ends this year and the big move takes place in mid 2014.
Good Luck!!!

What do you need the copy for?

Due to recent immigration problems... AKA the perpetual tourists who decide they do not need to leave every 90 days... I do not recommend travelling with only a copy of your passport. Supply the real deal so they can verify your stamp is legit

The most recent time I was pulled over (I always carry my passport) the official told me they are going to start cracking down on people who cannot prove their stamp is legit and if you cannot prove that when asked, off you go to be detained. It is better to just carry your passport.

Hey Terry... we also came from Central Alberta :) Small world.