Danang-need info on jobs, rentals and any expat community

My son has moved from Hanoi to Danang, (from New Orleans originally) and is without a laptop currently, so I am searching online to help find info, as he's finding it more difficult to network than it was in Hanoi.

I'm trying to get leads for him about places to apply to teach English as a second language (he has a college degree and is certified to teach ESL).

He's also looking for a reasonably priced place to live. Also, are there any expat places, networks or blogs, etc, to check out for more connections in Danang?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
A concerned mom

Hi Deane1

You may post an advert in the Jobs in Da Nang section with the qualifications and experience of your son.

I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Da Nang section, this can be useful.

Best wishes :)

David.

That's a good idea. Thanks. I think he has found both job and place to live, but is still trying to find more on the expat community.

You can try this, jobs are not that easy to find there.

http://indanang.com/whats-on-in-danang-january-2012/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

His job would be the best lead into expat community in DaNang, which is kinda small and cliquey

Ok, good to know. That's a good point. He has a part-time teaching job and will be looking for a second one. Then ill be looking for trustworthy places to buy a laptop!
We hear so many stories about being really careful of who you buy from.
Any stores that you or any other of you readers would recommend?

Sorry, 'then will be looking...'

I met a head of a Teaching unit and she does the recruitment for all of Vietnam, she's from the U.S incidentally. Let me see whether i can track her down and if yes will put her in touch with you. Good luck and hope your son finds something soon either way.

What happened to Laidbackfreaks posts? all gone i see.

Thank you so much, that's very generous of you. I really appreciate it. Not sure where the other posts went...I didn't want to be rude to him but I also didn't need a lecture, lol.

I am sure i'd bump into her over the weekend, can you please inbox me an e-mail address i can ask her to get in touch with? You can thank me if he get's a job;-)

Hi everyone! You guys all live in Da Nang? That's why there are all good advises! If you interesting with Thai food! Welcome to Sala Thai- 111 Le Loi, Hai Chau, Da Nang! The owner is also expat, he is Thai! And want to be friend with every one!

I will help you other services you need. Welcome you to Da Nang, Deane123