Arriva bus-saver card/long term residence permit

i'll stay in malta for 3 months attending the leonardo da vinci programme. practically i'll be an intern. i've read on the internet that in order to issue the saver card i'll have to get a long-term residence permit. i am an eu citizen. does anyone know where i will have to address to get that and what do i need to have with me?

thank you!

Hi Martelli,
I am also going to stay in Malta for a long time, and I  need to have this special bus saver card.
If you get any response about it,can you please email me the information?
I promisse I will do the same ,if I find anything about it.
Thanks,
Samuel

Hi Samuel,

you can download the application form for the Saver Card through the Arriva bus site and take it to the ticket booth at the bus terminus in Valleta.

But you will need the residence card first to be able to apply. Ordinary residence is ok , you don't have to be a long-term resident.

Check out the thread 'new id card/residence card' thread for details on registering. It might take longer than your stay to receive the card though as procedure is still very chaotic.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi  there Ricky,

THANKS so much for your quick response.

Cheers for you too,
Samuel

martelli wrote:

i'll stay in malta for 3 months

in which case you may not have a right to apply for a residence card, as its generally for people who live here for over 3 mnoths

thank you george! i've been running through old posts about i.d cars etc and have decided not to go for it.. if i'm lucky enough to get a proper job and move pernanently it will at least worth the trouble!

Re: The ‘e-Residence Card' / New identity card.

An ‘e-Residence Card' may under no circumstances be made a precondition for the exercise of a right or the completion of an administrative formality, because entitlement to rights may be attested by any other means of proof.

See page 36: Article 25 - General provisions concerning residence documents

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex…123:en:PDF