Hello

I am considering Cambodia as my next adventure...I am choosing Cambodia for the easy banking/easy visa and to be able to teach english.  My question is this....how hard would it be to find a place to live and are there any jobs for cash around?  Like will teaching english as a private tutor generate enough funds or maybe helping someone work in a bar?  Im just looking for some extra work on the side for cash or maybe even volunteering to meet some people.  thx

Also one more questions...I have heard you can stay for a year on the "ordinary" visa...when you renew it I also heard you can just have someone do it for you.  That makes me a little nervous..what exactly all do they do...do they just stamp it and send it back or is it more complicated than that?

And idea on the cost of a doctor visit...without any insurance?

hi
you need a business visa not tourist not sure about ordinary visa.
travel agent with a contract for visa renewal 285.00
10 to 15 per hr teaching english maybe 20 hrs only one employer.
rent 1  bed ensuite small kitchen 50 to 100 per month not including fox $5 and electricity 20 to 100 if a/c per mnth. bar  work pays 70 to 150  per month 2 days off.hope this helps. ps google "'kymer24 :

jesus brother...thx for the perfect response....i appreciate it..i was told the "business" visa is now being called the ordinary visa ...thx again mate...

Business visa = ordinary visa ( visa number begins by the E letter ) 25$ can be extended up to 1 year for 285$
Tourism visa ( visa number begins by the letter T ) 20$ and can be extended only for one more month 44$

thank you dosolto....do you know how the process works?  Like to you just walk in they look at it and its stamped or do you have to submit paperwork or go through anything when getting it extended to a year.

Absolutely nothing to do... to extend to a year visa, you bring your passeport to an authorized travel agency with your one month visa E already stamped and you ask for a year renewal. 2 business days later it's done. You come back to take your passeport stamped and you pay the 285$. That simple.
Be aware that things change fast.
2 years ago, you only needed a passeport to open a bank account.  Nowadays, only one bank lets you do it so. The others are asking for a work contract, some for a residential proof.

Wow thank you very much....I figured things would change fast...Cambodia seems like one of the most laid back when in comes to extended stays and lack of redtape for expats.  Thanks again.