Diving Certificate

Hi everyone,
Spring break is approaching and I am planning to spend the vacation on the Red Sea, either in Sharm or Dahab with my daughter. We want to do our Open Water Diver certificate and I was just looking at prices on the net, which are all in either euros or pounds. The prices seem rather expensive, so I wondered and whether it would be cheaper to agree a price with a diving school when we get there. Does anyone know how much this course should cost in EGP?

Also has anyone heard of any good accommodation/ package deals for residents, or would this be considered advertising?
Thanks

There are a lot of courses offered here in Dahab, but I'm not sure of exact prices. I believe they can range from 150 - 300 Euros. They will vary on what the dive centers offer - if they provide the necessary books and if the prices includes your PADI certification or not.

Most of the dives you do in Sharm will be boat dives. Most of the dives in Dahab are shore dives. And Sharm and Dahab are completely different places to vacation so that may play a part in your decision, too.

If you're interested, you may also set up a private course with an instructor which will work out cheaper than a dive center that takes a big chunk of commission. Send me a message if you want more info about this option.