Wondering if there are any Jamaicans living in norway

I live in kirkenes norway
I am the only Jamaican here
I believe I have a nice personality
But I have no friends here the language barrier and cultural I suppose
I am female and in my mid twenties

ProudtobeJamaican: I should think you are the only Jamaican in Kirkenes too :P

If you feel lonely there, why don't you move to Oslo?

Kirkenes is very high up north if you come from abroad, especially a warm tropical country....although Oslo might also be cold, at least you have more foreigners there.

I know there are Jamaicans in Oslo area and I met a lady from my area of Honefoss.  Yes, I think you will have to move or do some sort of search.  Good Luck!

Or if you wanted to see them you could go to jamaica!!!!

No, it is common for expats to seek friends from a similiar cultural backround or country fellows.

This is also a common practise among Scottish expats who kept Scottish culture alive outside of Europe - first and foremost in the USA and Australia since they felt culturally more linked with other Scottish than with Native Americans.

ScotsGaurd wrote:

Or if you wanted to see them you could go to jamaica!!!!

To be honest it was not necessarily just Scottish culture it was British,
and particularly in Australia hence the Union Jack on Australias Flag, which is the English, Welsh, Norhtern Irish and Scottish.
So hardly just Scotland...

Yea you are right - there are many Scottish, English, but also Irish in what was called "The New World" back then.

:P I just said Scottish because your location says Aberdeen

ScotsGaurd wrote:

To be honest it was not necessarily just Scottish culture it was British,
and particularly in Australia hence the Union Jack on Australias Flag, which is the English, Welsh, Norhtern Irish and Scottish.
So hardly just Scotland...

Yes the Britsh Isles can be confusing.
Britain is a union of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales, so while each has its own unique culture they are all British.

i would like to know if there are any Jamaican living in Norway right now