Cost of living in Muscat a today's date

hi,
   I am offered 1000 Rials in muscat and bachelor accommodation they will give, but i need to bring my family with in 4 months time by that time accommodation i have to take care and i have two children where i need to join my first daughter alone to schooling as my other child is just months old car and mobile bill they will provide is 1000 rials sufficient? at today's date? 

with regards,
shiju

take the offer if you are very desperate. if you are not very desperate, then wait and try to get a 2000 rials + family accomodation, as you have your wife and a school going child to take care of !

Hi shiju,

I created a new topic on the Muscat forum from your post for better visibility. Hope this might help.

Thank you,

David.

[]

Dear Founder, Moderator, Team,

Please can you provide a 'Dislike' / 'Incorrect' / 'Wrong Advice' button next to the 'Report', 'Recommend', 'Quote' buttons that are already there.

What I am suggesting is badly required so new members seeking advice are not misled, or incorrectly advised.

I totally agree with Sumitran, Kindly do the needful at the earliest

Hi,

could you please quote the message and write that it's completely wrong ?

Might be a good start (before we program something)

thanks

Julien wrote:

Hi,

could you please quote the message and write that it's completely wrong ?

Might be a good start (before we program something)

thanks

Wrong Advice # 1 :

"take the offer if you are very desperate. if you are not very desperate, then wait and try to get a 2000 rials + family accomodation, as you have your wife and a school going child to take care of !"

Why it's wrong :

If the going market rate for a particular job is R.O. 1,000/-, then for the same job description and the same number of years experience, no other company would offer R.O. 2,000/-.
So to ask the person to wait until somebody else offers R.O. 2,000/- is simply illogical and meaningless as it would not happen.

Wrong Advice # 2 :

"1000 rial and bachelor accommodation is good for single. But with wife family and school going children u need at least 2500 rial for a okay and comfortable stay food education outings and some savings. Else u will have domestic quarrel everyday at your home for lack of money."

Why it's wrong :

R.O. 1,000/- salary per month for a bachelor is not good … but bountiful ! I completely disagree that for a family with school going children one would need R.O. 2,500/- per month minimum.

There are scores of families with school going children here in Oman who does not make that kind of money. In fact, I would say that for a family with 2 school going children even R.O. 1,000/- nett in hand would more than suffice to lead a comfortable life without cutting corners.

My guess is the person who is quoting all these incorrect numbers and freely dishing out misleading advices does not know what the ground realities are.

I also notice that the person has never been in Muscat / the Sultanate of Oman. So basis what are these figures cited ? Quoting UAE-based figures and converting them into Omani Rials would be totally incorrect, which is what I suspect this person's modus operandi is.

Also, I have noticed some other posts from this same person wherein all the figures and advices are either completely wrong or totally misleading.

Hi : My wife just got a job as a Lecturer in Oman through TATI Oman. The salary would be approximately 950 RO. We are a family of 3 (me + my wife + our 6 yr old daughter) We do not know the city as of now as there are 7 colleges and we could be given any 1 of those. Just wanted to find out the following :

Can I also start working based on the Family Visa that my wife gets ?

What would be the opportunities for me - I am an MBA with an experience of around 14 years of Management ?

Thanks,

Saurabh Bali

Can I also start working based on the Family Visa that my wife gets ? - No. To be employed you must hold your own employment visa. And you can only work for the sponsor who has sponsored for your employment visa.

What would be the opportunities for me - I am an MBA with an experience of around 14 years of Management ? - Good luck !

srinirajan wrote:

1000 rial and bachelor accommodation is good for single. But with wife family and school going children u need at least 2500 rial for a okay and comfortable stay food education outings and some savings. Else u will have domestic quarrel everyday at your home for lack of money.

Hey Man, Could you please refrain from posting such misleading information?!

this misleading user account is now locked. Too many reports

Thanks guys for your help !

I warned this guy earlier as well, but this guy was always jumping in the unknown river!! 

to all people!
Whenever you comment, make sure there should be a relevancy on it !

sumitran,
please advise that i had received 1400 OMR OFFER, MEDICAL FOR FAMILY AND TICKET BY COMPANY.
having 1 kid BELOW 1 YR....how much i can save>>>>>

global.hem wrote:

sumitran,
please advise that i had received 1400 OMR OFFER, MEDICAL FOR FAMILY AND TICKET BY COMPANY.
having 1 kid BELOW 1 YR....how much i can save>>>>>

Hi global.hem,

You will find answers to your specific queries (as well as to the many others that you will get in due course), if only you would care enough to read through the numerous posts on the same subject right here.

Dear Global.hem,
Please review thoroughly this threat >>> Cost of Living in Muscat. You'll certainly get the answers of all your questions.

The same questions have been answered many times with details. I'm pretty sure you wont be having any further queries related to cost of living after reviewing the above mentioned threat. Yet, you're most welcome to ask further (if relevant).

1000 rials enough... Please accept the offer and come. Then try for better option... That is wise

Thanks....for reply...

I don't want to know in detail just asking...single line answer i needed..i don't want to waster ur time...so if u can....1 kid below 1 yr+ wife...rest in my post...
Thanks fr reply....

global.hem wrote:

I don't want to know in detail just asking...single line answer i needed..i don't want to waster ur time...so if u can....1 kid below 1 yr+ wife...rest in my post...
Thanks fr reply....

Hi global.hem,

For accommodation subtract R.O. 200/- to 300/- per month for rent, for a 1 BHK apartment.

For food expenses subtract another R.O. 150/- per month for 2 adults and 1 child.

For living expenses subtract another R.O. 150/- per month.

So from your income, minus the expenses and you will be left with R.O. 800/- nett savings per month.

That amount, going by today's currency exchange rate converts to INR. 122,021.52 (per month).

I do not know if your company is providing you with accommodation. If yes, then add the rent amount as well to your savings.

Furnishing and fitting the house have not been accounted for.

P.S. If you so stubbornly refuse to help yourself, remember no one else but yourself would be the loser.

I am very much thanksful to you for this gud amount of information...i really appriciate how efficiently and with patience you provide answer to all....this is really gr888.
Thanks Again....i like this website very much ...