Shipping for foreigners with a partner visa

Shalom everyone!

My boyfriend (Israeli) and I are applying for a partner visa, we have an appointment on the 19th of May. As we also already have an apartment, I thought I could ship my furniture and belongings already from Germany to Israel now, but the moving company told me, for shipping (or releasing in this case) I need to show my partner visa in Israel.

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the visa after the appointment? Its our first appointment, but we will hand in all the documents and they said, it will take an hour alltogether.

And another question: The shipping company was not sure, whether i have to pay tax and customs on the goods or not, i thought its just for aliyah, that people don't have to pay? Or does it apply for the partner visa as well?

Thank you for your help!

why dont u ship from piraes, u can buy a vehicle in germany and send it for around 500 euro - then the driver is alowed to accomopnay the cargo...and u put the stuff inside the car. or use a trailer... also tell me what did u need to show - what docs do they ask fr at ministry of interior - im thinking of also applying fr partner visa/

well, that doesn't solve the problem. same problem: in israel you need to show your visa in order to get the goods through customs...

true. i just asked because i want to do it too. its pretty simple - no visa no shipment. sounds pretty logival to me. all i asked was can u tell me what documents the ministyr want from u to get a partner visa-?- and how long does the visa allow u to stay in israel and does it allow u to work? - i dont think u shd waste yr time or energy until u get the visa...

for the list you need to ask the ministry of interior of the place your partner lives, here is a good article: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … tizen.html

thanx n gud luk

Hi, superkath!

I am about to go through the same process, coming from the U.S. The M.O.I. has repeatedly told me that it takes about 6 months to obtain the work visa after your first meeting/application (and there are more meetings to follow).

Do you know if a visa is required only to ship furniture with a company? Shipping a couple of boxes should be fine, I'd think?

Best of luck to you!

Rebecca