Visiting Israel

Hi, I'm hoping to visit Israel in a couple of months but have read to not get passport stamped as it might pose problems when visiting other countries in the Middle East - would be going to Lebanon after Israel.
What have other travellers done?
Cheers

Hi

I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room. It is also more convenient it lets you feel a part of the city opposed to feeling like a tourist. There are many companies for short-term rental in tel aviv.
I'm happy to recommend one company that provides professional service.
They have clean and beautiful apartments and they are very nice people who love to help, honest and will be happy to assist you with recommendations to good restaurants and nightlife.
[moderated: no free ads]

Hi

Some travelers decide not to get their passport stamped if they intent to visit Arab countries after they visit Israel. 

The Israeli immigration officers are familiar with this procedure.

So when you arrive to Israel all you need to do is ask the immigration officer to not stamp your passport and they will give you your entry visa on a separate document which you will have to return when you leave Israel

I hope this helps
Sharon

yes right..it might be a problem when you go in arab country and they see you visited israel...but not all the country i guess...Jordon is fine...

Good day, I am currently living in  Cebu , Philippines and I'm planning to visit my boyfriend who lives in Ramla.My boyfriend went to the ministry of interior and he said I dont need a visa which is Im confused with because its  as  a Filipino citizen only HongKong and Singapore  are the countries that we are allowed to go without visa. My concern is that do I need a visa to go there or just pay off my round trip ticket and what are the documents needed for me to get a visa?
An answer on this thread is highly appreciated . Thank you.

thanks for your replies, have had my trip to Israel and all my worries about passport being stamped were for nothing, was very straight forward, just filled out the seperate piece of paper.

Chinie, am sorry but I don't know the answer to your query but i hope you get some responses
cheers

I'm pretty late seeing this, so you've probably already made your trip. For the benefit of others with the same question:

I visited Israel for business before heading to Malaysia (a Muslim State). I asked them not to stamp my passport. As an alternative, they put a sticker on the back cover that I could remove if needed.

I forgot the remove the sticker, but it turned out not to be an issue anyway.

@sarora: I'm American, so I have no idea what you would need with an Indian passport. I do know that if you are traveling for business your colleagues in Israel can help you get an "exit number" so you don't get delayed for questioning when you leave.

Hi
your information is correct! Whenever you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, you will be denied access to Egypt, Lebanon, and some other Arab states.
The best thing to do is to let Israeli border officials stamp a seperate paper, which you put in your passport. Do NOT lose it, as you will have problems leaving the country!

Regards,
Jurgen
United Nations Observer