22, going to Aarhus University Dep.Biomedicine

Hello,

I'm going to Aarhus, february 2014 to july, and I want to plan things with time and peace, so I decided to start now.

I want to know everythnig about cost of living (of course, I'm a Portuguese student, money is 'THE' thing) :

- how much can cost transports
- price per month of residence/home with bills included
- if I can get a part-time job(i've plenty experience serving balcony)
- cheapper way to flight there

Thank you and sorry for the 'grossery list'

Hi,

I am also living and working in Aarhus. I am looking for new friends, if you have same opinion would you like to meet up sometime for a cup of coffee.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

I have been living in Aarhus my whole life. I will be more than happy to help you both, just ask me :) Maybe you can exchange with information about your home country ;) I love to travel and explore new parts of the world.

But to answer your 'grocery list':

- how much can cost transports
We have 4 zones in Aarhus, you will most like only be using 2. Each bus ticket costs about 22 DKK, you can buy a 10 ticket ride for 140 DKK or pay 360 DKK per month and travel as much as you want in the 2 zones. There're also free city bikes, but my experience is that they can be hard to find. Another option is the go to the police auction and buy an used cheap bike for something between 100 DKK and 500 DKK.

- price per month of residence/home with bills included
A dorm will cost you about 2500-3000 DKK, a room in an apartment might be 3000-4000 DKK and an apartment is 4000-7000 DKK for 60 square meters. A dorm is probably the best, as it's way more easier to meet friends in that way :)

- if I can get a part-time job(i've plenty experience serving balcony)
I can't help you here sorry. There are usually posters at the university with job offers. As for rest of Europe, there ain't many jobs.

- cheapper way to flight there
Fly to either Billund or Copenhagen (Kastrup). Aarhus airport is very small and expensive, and not very close to the city (40 km). From Billund you can take the bus to Vejle and then the train to Aarhus, or the bus directly from Billund to Aarhus, if you plane is arriving at the right time (see more at bll.dk). From Copenhagen Airport you can find many cheap bus fares to Aarhus, they take about 4 hours. See more at rødbillet.dk and abildskou.dk. The train is also a possibility it costs a little more, but is going in every 30 minutes.
Bus from Billund to Aarhus costs 155 DKK.
Bus from Copenhagen to Aarhus costs about 130 DKK (yes it's cheaper, and it makes no sense ;)
Train from Copenhagen to Aarhus costs about 400 DKK

Hope that might be helpful :)